::: Nordstjernen :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ::: Nordstjernen :::

Great thanks for your photos and trip report Lady C, it has been a pleasure to follow you all the way to Bergen.

And many thanks for your addition Rob!

Comment

I’m so very delighted to see your photos Rob. Such a perfect and fitting conclusion to the voyage report. I would for sure have known what ships were around had I been staying on in Bergen, and it would have been great to have met up and indulged in more ship photography.

Comment

Thank you Tommi!

Lady C, your most welcome, it would have indeed been great to meet up. But, your right, I made up for a little. What vintage ships are left to sail on that offer such an interesting journey really?

Comment

Thank you so much Seagull for having shared with us this journey, with all your pictures and words so full of feeling and meaning and, dare I say, love.
          There are so many of your pictures to treasure, but from your last installement I particularly feel for #1682 which sums up so much of what is for me special about Hurtigruten : the beautiful coziness of the ship, the quietness of the empty deck (with the added bonus of the beautiful wood of Nordstjernen), the mountains, and this incredible blue light that I have seen nowhere else. This picture (and of course the conclusion of your journey, and of the ship's journey) brought tears to my eyes, again.
          MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
          Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
          My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
            Great thanks for your photos and trip report Lady C, it has been a pleasure to follow you all the way to Bergen.

And many thanks for your addition Rob!
            I say the same. Wonderful trip-report.

Comment

Thank you for this great report, Cecilia!!! These were so enjoyable weeks while following your posts and wonderful pictures. And you hadn't even the reminiscence seeing Discovery, you was even watched from there. Such overwhelming sentiments you must have had! Such a dignified scenery for your good-bye to Nordstjernen.

And not to forget to tell you my favourite pictures out of this recent additions: #1682 and #1684. True wall papers. Pictures i can wathcfor hours while dreaming away.

Thank you again, Cecilia!!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Now, I'll sit down and brew myself a BIG cup of coffee, and go through the whole voyage from start to end... can't wait...!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  Now, I'll sit down and brew myself a BIG cup of coffee, and go through the whole voyage from start to end... can't wait...!
                  My dear pakarang, I’ll promise to try to be patient waiting to hear what you thought of it. This voyage report is dedicated especially to you, so pick the right time when you can enjoy it to the full.

…and yes you will indeed need a VERY big cup of coffee (might even require your entire coffee mug collection ) – the voyage started back on page 65 at post #1289
                  Last edited by Seagull; October 30th, 2012, 10:00. Reason: ...added link

Comment

The banner of the last tour "FOREVER YOUNG" is on display in the Hurtigruten museum Stokmarknes.
                    The particularly pleased our team, but surely all the other passengers and guests who were involved in the action

Look here: http://hurtigforum.de/wbb/30/p111899...en/#post111899

Comment

Dear Muddi, I am overwhelmingly thrilled to see that the banner is now actually on display in Stokmarknes! What an absolutely wonderful achievement that Hurtigforum thought of the idea, put in all the hard work to make it happen, and have now the enormous satisfaction of seeing it in the Hurtigruten museum and become a part of history.

I’m also personally so immensely proud and happy to have had the opportunity to put my name –and that of CaptainsVoyage – on it.
                      Please convey my congratulations and best wishes to everyone.

Comment

Hello Seagull,
                        I had not realized you posted an extended "photo documentary" of the last Nordstjernen voyage.. Thanks a lot. I could not help crying when looking at the Svalbard photos (I've been there twice but not with Hurtigruten) and this beautiful ship I did not have the pleasure to see "working". It must have been a very emotional voyage for you ... I have been on the ship when docked in Trondheim on the way back from my last Hurtigruten voyage. At the time I said to myself I should come back again and have a cruise with her. I did not know she would stop service then
                        Well, thanks again for this virtual voyage.

Comment

It’s been entirely a Nordstjernen year for me PanjiS – I did two separate days of the last southbound “regular route” in March, and then the return voyage from Svalbard.
                          I’m now gradually posting some extra photos of Svalbard other than those of the ship. You’ll find them here. More to follow!

I‘ve just spotted your posts in “Sailing vessels”….I’ll look at those next!

Comment

Takes a whole lot of coffee cups to get through this, Lady C

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm still SOAKING in Lady C's excellent trip report in this thread (a task which takes longer time than I initially anticipated, because of her fantastic quality images)!

I have been wondering if I should share all my final-farewell images of Nordstjernen in it's own thread or not, but after A LOT of deliberation, I think I'll go ahead and add them to this thread as well.

Hope that it will be OK with all of you. This way, the story of the ship is gathered in ONE SINGLE place, and not across many different threads.

There is a total of nearly 200 images: and as usual, I do not have the ability to choose just one... many will therefore be similar.... So very, very, very sorry about that.

Comment

Three more images tonight: these were taken back on February 20th 2012:

Comment

Working...
                                X