X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The return ride.

Comment

Coffee and cakes had been arranged for us at Briksdal Fjellstove.

Comment

Photostop on the bus back to Olden…

…and another photo from the bus.

Comment

I had time to take more photos of the ship before boarding…

Comment

Comment

This photographer took to the water to continue taking photos of our departure from Olden.

Comment

Comment

Last photo before lunchtime! It had been a delightful morning on this excursion, one that has been pleasing tourists since the 19th century. There was still the afternoon to come, another destination with pleasures of a different kind to offer Nordstjernen’s passengers.

…next: Nordstjernen in Nordfjordeid

Comment

Re: ::: Nordstjernen :::

Hey, that 1644:2 looks almost as a shot of a miniature model.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                        Wow. It's almost gone.. I was there 10-12 years ago or so, and the glacier filled the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                          Hey, that 1644:2 looks almost as a shot of a miniature model.
                          I see what you mean Tommi – perhaps it is the perfect neatness of the buildings, but I think even more that particular style of fencing. Yes, I can almost imagine a roll of that from which to cut a strip of the required size and fold around your model farm!

Originally posted by carinahansen View Post
                          Wow. It's almost gone.. I was there 10-12 years ago or so, and the glacier filled the water.
                          There is a picture from 2006, accompanying an interesting account of the changes in the glacier’s extent over many years, in the Wikipedia article.

Comment

I have not read every post in this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered before; but what is happening to Nordstjernen now?
                            Regards; Sigve.
                            ---
                            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                              I have not read every post in this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered before; but what is happening to Nordstjernen now?
                              Currently she's serving as a hotel ship right outside Bergen (at Ågotnes) for an indefinite period. Still owned by Hurtigruten.
                              It's not decided yet who will buy her, but this seems to be a very potential buyer: http://translate.google.com/translat...nd%2F1.8362398 (google translated).

Comment

Currently she's serving as a hotel ship right outside Bergen (at Ågotnes) for an indefinite period. Still owned by Hurtigruten.
                                It's not decided yet who will buy her, but this seems to be a very potential buyer: http://translate.google.com/translat...nd%2F1.8362398 (google translated).
                                Thank You, Carina...
                                Regards; Sigve.
                                ---
                                IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Working...
                                X