No announcement yet.

::: Nordstjernen :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good opportunity to have a closer look at the construction work taking place on the quay.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

The guys on Island Intervention had a good view of our arrival, and we would soon watch their departure. Only after that did I even think about having breakfast!

Comment

Time to go ashore and await the arrival of the excursion bus. The long excursion to Geiranger via Trollstigen had proved very popular indeed and I don’t think the shorter excursion to the Sunnmøre Museum had sufficient take-up, although a few people were exploring the town on their own.

Comment

It was not long before the first photo stop of the excursion –the opportunity to look down at Nordstjernen from Fjellstua…

Comment

…and over at the other side of the town, there was Nordkapp at the hurtigrute quay.

Next:- the excursion continues…

Comment

Re: ::: Nordstjernen :::

I was watching this on the webcam at Fjellstua all the way from Singapore and posted in "almost" real-time.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                      I was watching this on the webcam at Fjellstua all the way from Singapore and posted in "almost" real-time.
                      Yes! It was a thrill to see you had - I saw your posts shortly afterwards, while I was having my breakfast!

Here is the link to ombugge's webcam captures.

Comment

Amazing set of images, I love every update :-). Does anyone know why the Nordstjernen NRK documentary has been delayed (from tomorrow) and when it will now be shown?

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeD View Post
                          Amazing set of images, I love every update :-). Does anyone know why the Nordstjernen NRK documentary has been delayed (from tomorrow) and when it will now be shown?
                          It's postponed to christmas. 25th or 26th of december. Dont know what date/time for sure yet.
                          Worst timing they could ever choose you ask me, to air it when no one is watching tv.

Comment

Lets hope they show it on MS Finnmarken :-)

Comment

…the excursion continues via Trollstigen – uphill!

After the stop at Fjellstua we returned to the bus and were soon on our way, descending Aksla and leaving the outskirts of Ålesund far behind.

I was keen to continue the assignment I had set myself regarding photography from the moving bus, and so (just how unpopular am I going to get I wondered) had sat in the second row seat immediately behind the tour guides –we had two, one speaking English and the other a German commentary. Another passenger actually asked if he could sit on the vacant seat intended for a single guide down by the door. So perhaps I am not so annoying after all as I would not have considered making such a request. In any case I think I had the better position, being much higher up and having a forward view between the two seats in front. Nor was my iPad in danger of free-fall from my lap whenever I had the urge to look at a map!

Comment

Although cabin-mate had the window seat next to me, I even tried the more challenging side views.

Comment

Working...
                                X