Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

::: Finnmarken :::

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Finnmarken northbound from Tromsø this evening.

    Finnmarken northbound by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

    BED01750 Finnmarken by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
    Best wishes from Bengt Domben

    Comment


      Really nice images - I almost felt like my chair rolled as I scrolled.

      Never thought about it before, but the skylights in the forward panorama lounge actually looks a little bit like a queen's crown.

      Does anyone know if Finnmarken will continue as a TRUE Hurtigrute in the next tender, or will she become an explorer-ship?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

      Comment


        Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        ....Does anyone know if Finnmarken will continue as a TRUE Hurtigrute in the next tender, or will she become an explorer-ship?
        It looks as if FM will become an explorer ship:-
        http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cr...n-service.html

        From the phrase "the expedition setting on the coast" she may still be operating in Norway, though not as a true hurtigrute.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          From the phrase "the expedition setting on the coast" she may still be operating in Norway, though not as a true hurtigrute.
          And from that, as a "cruise vessel" she will not be accessible to non-paying guests/visitors.

          Sounds like I have to make one last visit to the ship(s) before they become "off limits".

          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

          Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

          Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

          Comment


            Finnmarken south Tromsø strait tonight.

            BED02640 Finnmarken south by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
            Best wishes from Bengt Domben

            Comment


              Too many rumours in my opinion at the moment. Let's wait and see. First the new ships have to be completed - by both companies: Hurtigruten and Havila. I don't see that date so far... just plans and projects.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                Too many rumours in my opinion at the moment. Let's wait and see. First the new ships have to be completed - by both companies: Hurtigruten and Havila. I don't see that date so far... just plans and projects.
                So true. A lot of rumours. Lets wait and see what will eventually happen.

                Finnmarken is a beautiful vessel and I know she is extremely popular with many people along the coast.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                Comment

                Working...
                X