Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

::: Trollfjord :::

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    One more, Seagull-style:

    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

    Comment


      OK, actually, I got a third as well since I could not choose and omit any of the shots:

      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

      Comment


        Oh pakarang, these are absolutely amazing images, (and to think they are even just a tiny bit Seagull-inspired has thrilled me and made my day!)

        Comment


          Originally posted by Asimut
          Great images, Jan-Olav I liked especially the panorama image.
          Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          Oh pakarang, these are absolutely amazing images, (and to think they are even just a tiny bit Seagull-inspired has thrilled me and made my day!)
          Most appreciated - both of you!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

          Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

          Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

          Comment


            Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            OK, actually, I got a third as well since I could not choose and omit any of the shots:

            Trollfjord to Midnatsol are two fine coastal ships. sailing up and down the Norwegian coast from Bergen to Kirkenes in all weather as there

            Comment


              http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/ostfold/1.6934501


              To cold for MS Trollfjord in the Oslofjord. Due to very low temperature and thick ice, Trollfjord has to cancel the special-cruise in the Oslo-fjord.

              Comment


                Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
                http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/ostfold/1.6934501


                To cold for MS Trollfjord in the Oslofjord. Due to very low temperature and thick ice, Trollfjord has to cancel the special-cruise in the Oslo-fjord.
                I must admit, that it sounds a bit strange.... the ships are built for the rough and rugged coast in Northern Norway, but they can't handle a little bit of ice and cold in Oslo....
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                Comment


                  Actually it's not that strange. The west and northern coast of Norway is affected by the current from the Gulf which causes the waters to stay open even if it gets very cold. In the Oslofjord the situation is different and the weather challenge during winter time is more about fighting the ice.
                  In addition the Drammen Fjord is brakish water and now it's more than 40 cm thick ice there.

                  So Trollfjord will go to Oslo and stay there the whole time.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
                    Actually it's not that strange. The west and northern coast of Norway is affected by the current from the Gulf which causes the waters to stay open even if it gets very cold. In the Oslofjord the situation is different and the weather challenge during winter time is more about fighting the ice. In addition the Drammen Fjord is brakish water and now it's more than 40 cm thick ice there.
                    That is a very good point! I didn't think of that at the moment....
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                    Comment


                      It is so very nice that we have scientists of all kind, here on this forum. Who are able to explaine everything.

                      I actually spent 3 hours in Drammen yesterday. And saw the ice-covered fjord myself.
                      The same situation is in Kristiansand. People are fishing cod on the ice in the middle of the fjord. People are skating under the Varoddbroa-bridge instead of driving cars on E-18. And 2 days ago I saw people driving motor-cykles on the ice across the fjord.

                      Global warming, I think

                      Comment


                        On the way home from night shift on the ferry last night, I passed through the harbor to shoot these images:





                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                        Comment


                          Hurtigruten winter experience:

                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                          Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                          Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                          Comment


                            Two final shots of Trollfjord:



                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                            Comment


                              This I must say that it is totally sick! have never seen anything like this before in my entire life! It must be very cold in Trondheim!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Helgeland View Post
                                This I must say that it is totally sick! have never seen anything like this before in my entire life! It must be very cold in Trondheim!
                                Very very cold.... -21,8 Celsius down at the port when I was down there.... BRRR
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X