Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a scoop...!!!!!!! What great images of those two together!!!!!!
    I'm sure had I been there, I could've fired off 100s of shots just to be sure to get the historic moment into my camera!
    I must say my mouth opened and lower lip falled down in awe whan I saw those images of "Lofoten" and "Fram" together....
    Look at the waves between them...., in perfect sequence or what you call it.
    Great, Tom...., thanks!!!!

And how is it possible to have this kind of timing when one comes from where do I know, and the other one is coming from Denmark and this meeting not being planned....?
    Just think about it Tom, if you just haven't been on that bridge right then....., we would never have seen these images...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 22nd, 2010, 22:29.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great photos and it seems, as if Fram and Lofoten are the same size. But Lofoten is more elegant...

Yesterday, short time after midnight, I searched for Lofoten in marinetraffic.com and I found Lofoten and Fram nearby passing Stavanger. I wished to be on Fram, beeing awake this night and watching Lofoten.

Comment

Fram in Olden today whit the new logo on the hull....

Comment

Beautiful shot of the Fram....

The logo looks much better than I feared... I guess I have become used to seeing the logo on the side of these ships already.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The similar size of Fram and Lofoten tells to me that a Fram class of new ships would be the real follow up in Hurtigruten ships. I would prefer them much more as all the Kong Haralds, Nordnorges and Trollfjords...
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Whaaaaaaaa!!!!! Ahaa not enough? This should do?

Comment

WHAO!!!!! Those photos are absolutely fabulous!

The weather, the background, the water, the ship: all of it perfect coming together! Those images are very, very well done! Applaud!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wonderful sight and wonderful weather . . . and naturally wonderful images from asimut!

Comment

Woaow!! Spectacular photos of a ship that more and more must, in my opinion, be the perfect next hurtigrute generation - she actually looks like a hurtigrute!

Comment

Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
                      Woaow!! Spectacular photos of a ship that more and more must, in my opinion, be the perfect next hurtigrute generation - she actually looks like a hurtigrute!
                      Great photos, I really wish I'd been able to sail north with her now.

This video was posted on YouTube- Fram meeting Nordstjernen in Svolvær.

Comment

Yes, I agree... she would be a great standard for new ships of Hurtigruten!

Great video find as well!

Comment

Fantastic images, Bengt!!!!!
                          I like'em all, but put some extra points at the second one.
                          Whish I could get "Fram" in my camera myself, but Kristiansund and the area outside is an area where all the criuse vessels pass at night wether it's north- or southbound.
                          They usually pass at 03:00 at night, and then I'm in my bed
                          Again, you deliver as always...., thank you!!!!!
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eilun View Post
                            But Lofoten is more elegant...
                            Only just got round to looking at these recent pics. - those of Fram and Lofoten together are stunning, so beautiful. And how I agree with Eilun's comment. Lofoten's lines are sleek with the open deck at the stern giving a balanced appearance, whereas Fram looks as if she's been sliced off at the rear, seems bundled together.

OK...OK... I'm going now.
                            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Looking at these images of FRAM in Tromsø, I'm so convinced she is the perfect size and ship for the coastal route in Hurtigruten....

If they build a new one, make the new ship like the FRAM!

Fram was at the island of FRØYA last Monday: I wish I had gone there to see her.... or that I had been in Rørvik when she passed Rørvik...

Does anyone know when she passed Rørvik on northbound, and maybe more importantly, when she will pass Rørvik on southbound?

Comment

Thank you so much... that would have been at the same time as I was on the ferry, so I wouldn't have been able to go there if I'd been off duty anyway.

If anyone has any details as to when she MIGHT be transiting past Rørvik on soutbound trip, please do let me know: I would love to try getting some images as she sails by.

Comment

Working...
                                X