X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    started a topic Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

M/S GANN ex. Ragnvald Jarl now M/S SJØKURS got a new colour of her hull last year, and what a colour...., just take a look:

(Belive the photographer is someone calling himself 'Glenn91' )

Isn't she a beauty..? Just wich she took her birthname back...

Wow..., that last picture is just like seeing yet another old hurtigrute!!!

EDIT: And by the way..., she's about to get a bow thruster installed in May of this year...., whatever she needs that for
    after over 50 years of sailing.....
    Last edited by Sterkoder; March 10th, 2009, 01:13.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    A warm welcome, IsakHals. Finally your first post after a while of reading, eh?
    We all would be glad to hear more from your so feel free to post more.

Hopefully someone will take pictures or spend a visit on her when she is visiting Hamburg.

• IsakHals
    replied
    Next year she is going to Hamburg for her 60 years birthday

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Nice stuff Jonas!
    I noticed some "classic pranks" among the pictures, the pirate flag and the "L"-sign.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Welcome Jonas - absolutely, beautiful photos. But it would be great if you could paste the photos as Svein suggests - that way everyone can enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Welcome, Jonas!
    Some pretty nice pictures of a beautiful ship there, and I had to smile when I saw that red L on her stern :-)
    I don't know if you are aware of the possibility, but as a Photobucket user myself, I can say that you will have images directly into your post if you click IMG under the picture in Photobucket, then Copy, then click into the post here at CaptainsVoyage (CVF) and click Paste. Just a friendly tips :-)
    Hope you find much interesting in here and that you enjoy your visit and membership :-)

Leave a comment:

• jonorar
    replied
    Some pictures of Sjøkurs early this year taken right after the summer vacation during our anuall recruitment voyage.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Jona...jxixy.jpg.html

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Re: Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Wonderful documentation of her summer-journey along the coast - but I can't help but feel a bit sad that her condition is not better.

I don't know if my expectations are too high or if I think she is in need of maintenance, but I fall for the last one: in need of external work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The bow-cam disappeared, it looks like a bowsprit now.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Such a breezy fresh “life on the ocean wave” feel to #188/2, and totally wonderful to see Sjøkurs and Nordstjernen together.
    ( ...and I love the Sommeråpent reflections.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The continuance in Bergen:

Leave a comment:

• HurtigruteHelge
    replied

Want to say so many thanks to you for a brilliant report from Kristiansund, Sterkoder!
    You sure delivered,as you said you would.
    I was watching the show,and i must say that i was amazed to see so many boats. Didnt know that Kristiansund had that many boats,but i guess that shows that this is a city where people just love the sea.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Well what can I possibly say! What a city, what a harbour, what a welcome, what a celebration…. that sea of small boats! I only know that had I been present, there would have been so many moments with such a heady mix of excitement and emotion that I’m sure I’d never have been able to hold a camera steady (let alone see through a happy-tear streaked viewfinder)! Not to mention deciding which spotterplace to head for next!

I know I shouldn’t , but if, just if I had to choose only one image, how about #179/4. Summer indeed. (…and I could sneak in #180/2 too as a “skyscape” kind of thing with those flags …and how about #182/2 with the excuse “technical interest” ……and….and!!!! )

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

Very interesting to see. And what a lot of boats, you've must have had a great party going on in Kristiansund yesterday!

I tried to figure out about the different cameras on board. The bow camera is a Bradley engineering "Gyro 236", while the top of the line Cineflex gimbal is located on the starboard bridge wing. The one on the top of the bow is hard to identify.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X