Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

One of the traditional wooden boats for the exhibition in Husavik - or is it a lifeboat?

Comment

The blue hour in Stavanger

Comment

Translation: Small buckets to lend by seasickness.

I don't think this are small buckets. It looks like they expected big seasickness.
        (In German: Übelkübel - gib mir mal den Übelkübel, sonst wird mir ohne Kübel übel)

Comment

What a nice surprise this morning!! So good to see new pictures of the "old ships".

Thank you for the decksplan. Now the question of #81 is completely answered!
          And even more, i was not aware that there are cabins at the bow of A-deck (201-207). Did the officers move here on Lofoten etc..?
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Brilliant, thank you so very much for letting us have a look at these new photos from the old Lady.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

After reading all about the great forum meeting, maybe I should write a little bit...

The coastguard would let a man down on a rope. After a round they changed their mind and left us.

The pilot came aboard:

Comment

Comment

Help - pirates nearby!

Comment

For walking in you should use the green starboard door, is this okay? I think the person is wrong... but in Lerwick they are driving on the wrong side so maybe...

Comment

Nice looking gate there on that last image!

And for those doors, the neighbours should talk to each other and change doors. It looks all wrong...., if not the stairs are the 'stern' of the house

Thanks for your report, Eilun!!
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                        Dear all,

Here is little curious me asking one of those questions again.... what is that jet of water coming out from her bow from the images taken in Stavanger in post number 98?
                        I would guess it's cooling water outlet from an auxiliary engine (for the deck crane or winches/windlass maybe?) in the bow. On the picture in #102 you can also see an exhaust pipe on the top of the (forecastle) deck house.
                        Last edited by esk1ld; November 24th, 2011, 23:47.
                        Regards,
                        Eskild
                        Master Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by esk1ld View Post
                          I would guess it's cooling water outlet from an auxiliary engine (for the deck crane or winches/windlass maybe?) in the bow. On the picture in #102 you can also see an exhaust pipe on the top of the (forecastle) deck house.
                          Or has a Bow thruster been added lately???

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                            Or has a Bow thruster been added lately???
                            Yes, a bow thruster was added shortly after she became "Sjøkurs" So my guess is that the cooling water is from an extra generator powering the thruster.

Comment

Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
                              Yes, a bow thruster was added shortly after she became "Sjøkurs" So my guess is that the cooling water is from an extra generator powering the thruster.
                              Probably direct diesel driven like here:

If an additional Genset they would probably put it in the Engine room.

But at least they didn't make the exhaust come out like here:

(Both pics same tug)
                              Last edited by ombugge; November 25th, 2011, 13:16.

Comment

It is believable that the water coming out is from a generator. The bow thruster was running in this moment, no doubt because the noise is so loud...

The partizipiants of the Ukulele lessons at their performance.

I must admit that I am only musical enough to switch on a radio.

Comment

Working...
                                X