Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just let me point out:
    There's nothing wrong with Red Cross vessels, we need'em...., and there certainly not anything wrong with the Red Cross.
    It's just that whenever we see a Red Cross vessel...., there's most likely nothing pleasant going on.
    And I want shipspotting and such to be pleasant, that's all
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Just let me point out:
      There's nothing wrong with Red Cross vessels, we need'em...., and there certainly not anything wrong with the Red Cross.
      It's just that whenever we see a Red Cross vessel...., there's most likely nothing pleasant going on.
      And I want shipspotting and such to be pleasant, that's all
      Good point... as we know, Caribbean Mercy, ex Polarlys, is a red cross vessel... so nothing wrong with that. It's just the simple fact that former RJ really looks way much better in original colors...

I don't think the black hull reminds me of anything related to mourning either.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Some details:

The chimney of the bow thruster

Somebody who knows when Sjøkurs got the second crane?

Comment

"Sjøkurs" looks really nice from a distance, but seeing the details here...., oh man...., I guess they soon have to teach students how to do decent good old rustpicking and paint!!!

Sorry, don't know about the second crane though...

And thanks for the continuing pictures!

Comment

Luckily, when that red crane is not in use, she is neatly folded and nearly invisible at the foredeck... hidden behind all other sorts of clutter/cargo..

But, she does indeed need a bit of chipping and rust remover before it's too late to save her... continuous maintenance and care is crucial for such an old vessel to operate in continuous good shape. Doesn't take much to chip at certain places, add new primer and paint.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

... i like the Berlingo on the crane. We still have this car at home... good to see, that it is possible to get this car aboard.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                ... i like the Berlingo on the crane. We still have this car at home... good to see, that it is possible to get this car aboard.
                The Berlingo is one of the most popular cars in our village but unfortunately we do not have ships like Sjøkurs to transport them

Comment

First they planned to place the Berlingo in the water like all the row boats near Vega. I think the owner of the car didn't agree. The last day at Vega I got up to late and I saw the car driving away. I was surprised, because I thought it is impossible to set it on land. A man told me this is normal and no problem.
                  I saw it often on the old Hurtigruten ships, but there was always land near the bow. Here... I think they had to swing the car very carefully between the masts of the other ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Eilun View Post
                    I saw it often on the old Hurtigruten ships, but there was always land near the bow. Here... I think they had to swing the car very carefully between the masts of the other ships.
                    I would have been very nervous if it had been my car probably couldn't have watched

Comment

Some years ago a friend drove to Norway and booked a short distance on Hurtigruten. The only reason, he would see his car hanging on the crane of Harald Jarl. Today I would do the same, but unfortunately now the old ships don't transport cars.

I worked on my photos again:

Rørvik

Finnmarken ist still there, but my preferred ship Lofoten has been gone

Bad weather in Trondheim

Midnatsol is leaving and I cancelled my plans to visit Munkholmen, because it rained cats and dogs.

Kristiansund - and where is Sterkoders spotterplace?

Comment

Ålesund

After a visit on Polarlys I am to late back on the top of the mountain - Polarlys is moving - not good for photos in the dark.

Comment

Very beatiful pictures of "Sjøkurs" in Ålesund,Eilun
                          Best wishes from
                          Bengt Domben

Comment

Eilun....; FANTASTIC images!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Just have to ask: Do you use a tri-pod as camera support...? I take it you don't use much 'Auto'..., so what do you use...? Are you by any chanse more than just a hobby photographer...?

I'm impressed over your night time pictures from the beautiful city of Ålesund, and among perfect pictures, that last one there is in my mind the most perfect and professional (not very easy to make a perfectly lighted picture of that sharpness if you don't know what you're doing)!!!
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; August 21st, 2009, 20:04.

Comment

Thank you, but I am only a hobby photographer with a cheap SLR (Canon EOS 400D) and I don't know a lot about it. I learnt in automatic mode the camera mostly use ISO 400 - I don't like this, so I use not often automatic. First I thought it is a crazy idea carrying a tripod to Norway in summertime - but in Ålesund it was dark. In the winter I often took photos with a high ISO, because I was to lazy to built up a tripod - later I was always angry about me.

The Exif for the last photo: ISO 100, 6 seconds, F/7,1 and the lens 18-55mm which is sold with the camera. Some people in photo forums said this piece of plastic should be thrown away, but I have not enough money for doing this.

On Sjøkurs I found a new viewpoint - I have never been there on Lofoten and Nordstjernen.

Comment

I must say, you are doing a wonderful job with your Canon!

Glad to have a fellow Canon user along with us! I'm very thrilled by some of your images, they are really great. Using a tripod can sometimes be strenuous and give a lot of extra worth, but when you see images like those above, it's all well worth it. !

Comment

Working...
                                X