No announcement yet.

Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some detail images of the beautiful vessel. They show her incredably well kept

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Fabulous work S!

I had almost forgotten who beautiful she actually is, until I saw your new pictures of her...

AND... let me say this, your pictures do look stunning these days!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Sterkoder spotted me? I am not sure, if I am on one of the photos. Maybe if I can see it in a higher resolution?

Comment

Sterkoder spotted me? I am not sure, if I am on one of the photos. Maybe if I can see it in a higher resolution?
          Hey..., how great wouldn't that be...
          Do you remember your position when backing out from dock and out the Markussundet inlet....?
          Have some more pictures, but not to many passengers on them to be honest

Comment

Lucky You Eilun. Wish I was onboard with you. Bringing back memories from many trips with "RJ". I think Ragnvald Jarl was the ship in Hurtigruten were I felt most "at home". I really liked to travel with this ship. Loved the crew and the atmosphere omboard.

Especially a real lady serving in the cafeteria and diningroom for aprox hundred years always smiling, even if she had a little handicap with her legs. Ohhhhhh those were the days.

Dear Eilun : are we going to see maaaaany photos from your cruise here ???????
            Soon ?????
            I just can`t wait

Comment

Not sure about my position in the Markussundet - I was outside, but I am always in motion.
              It was a surprise that we stopped in Kristiansund. In the plan Sjøkurs should anchor near Grip. We took a local boat from Kristiansund to Grip.
              Also before the cruise I told a friend he could visit Sjøkurs in Sandnessjøen. Only 20 passengers booked the excursion to Alstadhaug, so Sjøkurs stayed at Vega and they sailed with a little boat directly to Alstadhaug.
              It is always difficult to plan, if a ship doesn't sail in regular route.

Yes, I have some photos more....

Comment

It was a surprise that we stopped in Kristiansund.
                Oh yeah..., you could say that again!!!

Just imagine how surpriced I was when I sat here in my sofa, having a nice cup of coffee and visiting the different forums.
                Then I felt just like checking in on the AIS, and really got my pump working when I saw "Sjøkurs" moored in Kristiansund!
                I rushed to my car and drove like...., you know whatl....., towards the city and when I arrived my spotterplace, they fired up her engines and backed out in the harbour...

Thank God, or who ever, for AIS!!!!!!

Really look forward to your pictures, Eilun!

Comment

Since many years I tried to travel on this ship.
                  Several times I tried to book a cruise on Gann. But the ship was always fully booked and it was not possible for me to plan my holiday a whole year before. Then I was lucky and I booked a nice cabin - only a few weeks later Gann has been sold and they cancelled everything.
                  First time I was on Sjøkurs two years ago in Lübeck/Germany and I asked for a cruise. There were no plans for things like this. But this spring a friend sent me some advertisement - never give up.

I stopped Friday in Flensburg to take a look at the steamship meeting. But no open ship on Børøysund and in the evening the weather was very bad when the steamship race started.
                  Hirtshals - Kristiansand I took the ferry Superspeed 1 from Color Line.

So I begin to add some photos from Kristiansand. The resolution is only 600 x 400 because I write in two German forums, too and there is no bigger size allowed. I fear doing everything twice, I am sorry. (Our first meeting of the German Hurtigruten friends will take place the first weekend in October in Hamburg)

Kristiansand

Comment

Bergen

Comment

I remember the good old times:

Can you read the word "Jarl" on this photo?

Comment

Great photos... so thrilling seeing that she is still alive and kept in such an immaculate condition....

She looks stunning...

My favorite is the close up bow shot... the nails in the bow plating is clearly visible.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Maløy, 14.07.2009

Waiting for the ship in Selje, 14.07.2009

Comment

I must say, she looks far better with black hull as opposed to her previous white...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              I must say, she looks far better with black hull as opposed to her previous white...
                              I so totally agree with you, friend!
                              On a norwegian forum, many members don't like the black hull...., comparing it with a 'sørgekåpe' (Robe of Mourning).
                              I must say, I can't think of many other colours suitable for a ship hull than black.
                              Of course there are many colours suitable, but a black ship with white superstructure...., well..., I guess you all know what I mean

I guess..., or thinking to myself, that I must be among those who didn't exactly see the ex. "Ragnvald Jarl" as a beauty with the white hull and red band.
                              Honestly, she looked like a sailing Red Cross vessel. Sorry!
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; August 5th, 2009, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Honestly, she looked like a sailing Red Cross vessel. Sorry!
                                Exactly. Thank you! That was just what I was not able to say... just couldn't put my finger on it, but that is exactly true!

Comment

Working...
                                X