Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

Great photos Helge. Have been thoroughly enjoying the Minutt for Minutt sections of Sommeråpent, and your photos have added another dimension to this. Great fun, beautiful boat.
    Last edited by PoloUK; July 9th, 2013, 22:42.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

The gangway was hoisted from the foredeck and down to the pier.

The ship was open to visitors from 1400 to1600,but i was unfortunatelly not able to go onboard.I had to take care of my kids and i had work to be done.
      I am sorry about that,i would love to see the inside of her again,i have afterall travelled with her several times as Ragnvald Jarl.

The NRK logo was painted here and there.

No, it is not a beaver,its a microphone...

This is it for now,it is getting late.
      I will display more pictures another time,and talk about how the live talk show was done.
      I will also show you some disturbing pictures,and talk about maintenance....

Comment

Cool photos HurtigruteHelge!

Here are two photos when she was in Trondheim. Many people was in the harbor to be in the "sommeråpent" program.

M/S Sjøkurs / M/S Ragnvald Jarl - Sommeråpent NRK by prahatravel, on Flickr

DSC0060413 by prahatravel, on Flickr

Comment

Oh HurtigruteHelge you are wonderful…another special visit shared here in what has turned out to be such a special summer for the lovers of the traditional ships. What an arrival and welcome captured in that first photo! Then I was so pleased to see you caught her entering the harbour past Molja lighthouse and now I’m imagining you rushing around to the perfect viewpoints for all that followed.
          I love the angle of #163/4, and then that “pakarang view”! …and that cuddly-looking microphone
          Looking forward to more.

Comment

And Radeon! … so great to see you back in action at “our” spotterplace! . And look, there’s been some painting/graffiti removal at the end of the pier.

I meant to say earlier that I saw the beginning of the TV programmes in the most appropriate of places, the café aboard Lofoten! The crowds have really been building up since then and that’s so good to see on the photos here on CVF too. Hope we’ll get more places along the coast

Comment

Thanks for liking the photos folks!
              Here is the continuation of the Ålesund visit.

In the evening the live recording of the Sommeråpent took place.
              It was windy,but quite a high temperature,so a crowd of people had met up on the pier.

Since the recording took place up on the aft (flag)deck it was impossible for those on the pier to see what was going on,so therefor they had a bigscreen tv hung up on the lower aft deck.

The host of the show in the middle:Nadia Hasnaoui,and the guests.

The Glasshouse was used for the music entertainment.

Comment

A special guest in the show was this guy with the bike:Jan Arild Hagen of Ålesund!
                The special with this man is that he have done some 940,yes 940 trips with Hurtigruten!

He was interviewed down on the pier by the reporter about his interest of the Hurtigruten,Ragnvald Jarl was the first Hurtigrute he travelled with and he is planning to do the trip no 1000 during next year!
                Check out his Ragnvald Jarl t-shirt!

Comment

And now i have to talk about the maintenance of Sjøkurs.
                  As it is discussed earlier in this post there is some disturbance about weather she is maintained well or not.In my opinion she didnt look too bad,but there was traces of that rust had been painted over just for the occation. I think they have had a big job prior to this trip to make her presentable.Her is some pics that i took.

Oh my lord,we have a hole in the ship! This rusthole i discovered just behind of the midship.

Anyways, from the distance she still look beatiful in my eyes..

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    Nice pictures from Ålesund!

Might I understand it so that SJØKURS has a bow thruster (hence cooling water starboard side and as seen on tv, black smoke from bow thruster engine starting up coming out of the exhaustpipe on the bowdeck).

You should be out with your camera more often, 'HurtigrutenHelge', as you got a beautiful city there and CVF has a special Ålesund thread
                    Thanks Sterkoder.
                    Yes,the bow thruster must be driven by a engine under the bowdeck,at least i heard a engine running inside.
                    About the Ålesund tread, i just resently discovered that there was a tread like this in this forum,i have concentrated on the Hurtigrute section as this is what interests me most,but i will see if i can throw in some pics one day.

Comment

MS Sjøkurs touched ground between Brønnøysund and Træna yesterday!
                      It was in a narrow passage on the coast of Helgeland that she had a minor scraping.

http://www.nrk.no/nrksommer/sommerba...aer-1.11129048

She was inspected by divers from the Redningsskøyta at Træna,but there was only some paint scraping in the bow and midships,luckily.

Comment

Check out this reportage from the machinery of Sjøkurs.
                        She still have her original engine.
                        Click on the video at the bottom of the side and hear the chief engineer explain how it works!

http://www.nrk.no/nrksommer/i-skipets-indre-1.11108059

Comment

Finally...., the 'Summerboat' arrived Kristiansund today!

NRK said they had never seen so many small boats following as they did in Sandnessjøen, where they counted well over 70.
                          They wondered which port could top that...., so here are pictures from me, where their (NRK) own counting showed over 300 small boats following SJØKURS inbound plus thousands of people along the quay.

Here they come, with Stavnes light in the background

We were prepared, and here are Sørsundet bridge with its welcoming committee

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I was happy to see the old fireboat was working

Through Sørsundet inlet as she has done several hundred times before, as ex. RAGNVALD JARL in the hurtigruten service

SLUKK II

Moored in front of Bryggekanten Restaurant & Bache Bar

Comment

A fantastic day in Kristiansund today...

Dancers welcomed the guests and public on land

The Mayor was there, as was representatives from the Harbour Authorities

Comment

The onboard scene rigged for song and music

NRK think this sign was genious..., and so do we, of course

Someone had taken their old Ford out for a spin...

Sundbåt FRAMNÆS sailed between the four 'lands', Kirkelandet, Innlandet, Nordlandet and Gomalandet.
                                FRAMNÆS was ober and "kissed" SJØKURS welcome upon arrival in the harbour. A popular guesture, which I didn't get to see live though...

NRK Sommeråpent had their own car. A VW Beetle Cab.

Comment

Working...
                                X