X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcams at Hurtigruten ports of call

I am working on a dynamic list with all webcam links of Hurtigruten ports of call. The ports with a ship moored just now are marked.
    Also included are port and ship specific links to marinetraffic.com.
    (The links regarding ship position work fine as long the ship is in range of AIS receivers, otherwise marinetraffic will sent you to spurious map locations. Will fix that later)

Here is a first test version of that list:

http://arcticsoft01.axiscam.net/Test...camList_en.jsp

or with norwegian text:

http://arcticsoft01.axiscam.net/Test...camList_no.jsp

It's running on an old and slow test server with poor internet connection, so don't wonder about performance.

If you have any critics or suggestions, please let me know!

Re: Webcams at Hurtigruten ports of call

Originally posted by arcticGateway View Post
    I am working on a dynamic list with all webcam links of Hurtigruten ports of call. The ports with a ship moored just now are marked.
    Also included are port and ship specific links to marinetraffic.com.
    (The links regarding ship position work fine as long the ship is in range of AIS receivers, otherwise marinetraffic will sent you to spurious map locations. Will fix that later)
    That's cute! It's sort of a hurtigruten-based webcamsinnorway with intelligence!! Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Wow what fun! I'm a lot stop/start at the moment and haven't had the chance to sit and play with this properly. David might enjoy it too. But it certainly seems like EXACTLY what I was missing when during a busy time I was trying to keep in touch with our French members' recent voyages and found that most of my webcam bookmarks were hopelessly outdated!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

That is a great job indeed! Thank you!

Comment

Very good! I'll bookmark it! Thanks!
          Regards; Sigve.
          ---
          IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
            Very good! I'll bookmark it! Thanks!
            Likewise.
            I tried it yesterday:

Works fine.

Comment

This is brilliant!
              And I love your capture ombugge.
              MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
              Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
              My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

I have added 2 columns with actual weather information to the new test version of the webcam list.
                At the bottom of the list you can get the forecast for the next 2 days by clicking at the buttons "night", "morning", "afternoon" or "evening".

Clicking into the date field below opens a calendar, clicking "selected time" than shows the list for that date.

"current time" updates the list with the current data.

The weather data are provided by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK.

Comment

Sarnia wrote to me the link to this page : magnificent and helpful job

Comment

I now have moved the webcam list to an external server with faster internet connection.
                    The final address now is:

http://www.arcticsoft.net/webcamList_en.html

or

http://www.arcticsoft.net/webcamList_no.html
                    Last edited by arcticGateway; June 10th, 2013, 16:48. Reason: Address now with new domain name

Comment

• micctoh
                      micctoh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Harro Mr ArcticGateway !

I stumbled on to your arcticsoft webcam list before i located this thread on CVF.
                      As before ( 3 years and still going strong ), your site is extremely useful for Hurtigrute-spotting.
                      Thank you for starting and maintaining it, and I hope that I can encourage you to continue your selfless work.
                      I use it everyday, together with marinetraffic's ais-tracking to keep track of the Hurtigrutes.
                      example, as of now, 2016:Jun23,0900UTC, I can tell that an earlier announced cancellation of MS Spitsbergen (Norway Explorer) trip from Alesund northwards, has been reversed, and that it is now approaching Trondheim.
                      Talking about that, it reminds me to ask if you are going to add the new Hurtigruten boats to your webcams-list as they come on-line in the Coastal Service ?
                      Thanks again for a really useful site !

Meanwhile MS Polarlys, MS Trollfjord and MS Nordkapp got new webcams with fantastic resolution!

Comment

Excellent Jens! - that's both your program and the new webcams!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

The last days new 360° panorama webcams have been installed in Havøysund, Mehamn, Båtsfjord and Vardø.
                        Looks as if Northern Norway is outperforming the south!

Comment

Meanwhile almost all ports between Skjervøy and Vardø got new high resolution panorama webcams. They all include an archive, so you can go back in time and look for the ships!

Webcam list

Comment

• PoloUK
                            PoloUK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Fantastic stuff. Thanks for pointing out all the new panoramic cameras - knew about some of them, but not all of them.

• Tommi
                            Tommi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Many thanks for maintaining this webpage, it's really useful for anyone interested in HR and the northern parts of Norway.
                        Working...
                        X