Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 2013 small roundtrip

Hi all,
    Since a while my supervisor at work have been worried about the increasing amount of un-used free hours in my time banks, so I decided to take some time off during this winter. Since I'm not a ski-guy, sailing is not doable this time of year on the north half of the globe and being home is boring I decided to book some tickets...

I'm hereby very happy to announce a March re-visit to Norway!

I'm flying to Trondheim on Sunday 3rd March, taking Lofoten northbound to Tromsø where I'll arrive on the afternoon of 6th. Home voyage will be later same night with Finnmarken to Trondheim, arriving Saturday 9th with flight back to Sweden via Copenhagen same day (SAS cheap tickets).

It would be very nice to say hi to some of you along the coast, and I would be even happier if there are some CVF'ers that would like to join me for some part of the journey. I know that we have a lot to talk about!

I have some question marks that someone might help me to sort out:
    A nice good value hotel in Trondheim?
    What to do on a Wednesday evening in Tromsø?
    Will my red 2011 NN coffee mug still be valid for "Coffee deal"?

Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

Hi there, Tommi.

I have noticed your schedule with great interest. And don^t be surprised if you see an "old" friend at the harbour.

This is in the middle of a very busy time for me and my disabled ski-competitors.
    So I don`t think I will be able to sail with you. But it would be an honor and great pleasure to meet you again. So I will do my very best

What a splended idea to spend your small vacation in Norway aboard Hurtigruten. Me like

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
      Thon hotel is the cheapest in town, closely followed by Chesterfield Hotel.

Welcome to Norway!

http://www.thonhotels.no/hoteller/la...tel-trondheim/

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=73090

P-hotel next to the railway station is the new kind on block...:

http://www.p-hotels.no/photels/where/
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

There is also another very centrally located budget price Thon Hotel where I stayed last March:
        Thon Hotel Gildevangen
        Søndre gate 22b
        7010 Trondheim
        http://www.thonhotels.com/hotels/cou...l-gildevangen/
        Some days of the week an evening buffet is included in the room rate.

See this hotel in our Hotel Room Views Thread!

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          Welcome to Norway!
          Thank you!

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          There is also another very centrally located budget price Thon Hotel where I stayed last March:
          Thon Hotel Gildevangen
          Oh dear, that hotel is 44 NOK extra...

Comment

....Oh dear, that hotel is 44 NOK extra...
            Oh yes...and had I checked your date of travel I'd have seen that you arrive on a Sunday night when there's no evening buffet!

Comment

Have a great cruise we won't arrive until after you've gone home.

Comment

Hi all,
                Since a while my supervisor at work have been worried about the increasing amount of un-used free hours in my time banks, so I decided to take some time off during this winter. Since I'm not a ski-guy, sailing is not doable this time of year on the north half of the globe and being home is boring I decided to book some tickets...

I'm hereby very happy to announce a March re-visit to Norway!

I'm flying to Trondheim on Sunday 3rd March, taking Lofoten northbound to Tromsø where I'll arrive on the afternoon of 6th. Home voyage will be later same night with Finnmarken to Trondheim, arriving Saturday 9th with flight back to Sweden via Copenhagen same day (SAS cheap tickets).

It would be very nice to say hi to some of you along the coast, and I would be even happier if there are some CVF'ers that would like to join me for some part of the journey. I know that we have a lot to talk about!

I have some question marks that someone might help me to sort out:
                What to do on a Wednesday evening in Tromsø?
                Hi Tommi,

I will be aboard Lofoten during your time on board - I am booked for the full return voyage from Bergen.

I'll be very happy to meet up during the 3 days - I may go on the Wilderness Camp excursion from Finnsnes but otherwise will be onboard pretty much all the time after we leave Trondheim. I'll be keeping a good eye out for the Nordlys if the weather allows, having seen them south of Rørvik & every night afterwards last January.

Re your questions:

if I were spending an evening in Tromso I'd spend part of it in the Tromsø Jernbanestasjon: http://tromso-jernbanestasjon.vpweb.no/ with a pint or 2 of Guinness :-)

I believe the "red mug" rules allow reuse on the same ship in the same year only. Other members may know better on this.

Warm regards,

Richard
                Last edited by richws; January 20th, 2013, 16:39. Reason: mis-spelling
                Fair Winds & Weather,

Richard

TF 09/05; TF BGO-KKN-TOS/KH TOS-BGO 05/06(hit seamen's strike ); TF Xmas/New Year 12/06; MS 05/08; Lofoten 03/10; MS 03/11 TRD-KKN-BGO(broke ship ); MS 01/12 (Astronomy Voyage), LO 03/13 - changed to MS (Astronomy Voyage again!) as LO delayed after maintenance; LO 03/14 BGO-KKN-TRD

Forthcoming: Lofoten 31/10/15 BGO-KKN-BGO

Comment

Hi Tommi.
                  So many members sailing on Lofoten this winter!

I'm pretty sure it won't. In theory.
                  Last year, we did Bergen/Kirkenes/Svolvaer on board MS Lofoten and got the coffee deal mug. After two days in Svolvaer we took MS Vesteraalen to sail south to Trondheim. I asked at the cafeteria if our MS Lofoten mug was accepted for the coffee deal. The (very nice) guy at the counter told me with a smile "no, it's valid only for the ship you bought it on. But if I don't see you when you are taking coffee, who will know?".
                  MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                  Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                  My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

I may go on the Wilderness Camp excursion from Finnsnes
                    Lucky you if you can go! I wanted to go but I was alone and they only offer the tour for a minimum of 2 persons

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                      Have a great cruise we won't arrive until after you've gone home.
                      I think that you're on board Discovery in the same waters while Richard and I are on Lofoten? We'll try keep an eye on Discovery, you'll never know if our courses cross!

Originally posted by richws View Post
                      Hi Tommi,
                      I will be aboard Lofoten during your time on board - I am booked for the full return voyage from Bergen.

I'll be very happy to meet up during the 3 days - I may go on the Wilderness Camp excursion from Finnsnes but otherwise will be onboard pretty much all the time after we leave Trondheim. I'll be keeping a good eye out for the Nordlys if the weather allows, having seen them south of Rørvik & every night afterwards last January.
                      Hi Richard,
                      nice to hear from you. I'm looking forward to meet you in Trondheim and join you all the way to Paris. Are you traveling alone or in company?

Anybody else around in March?

Comment

March 6th is on a Wednesday - wich means I'll probably be able to come visit onboard in Harstad Send me a PM a few days before just to remind me you are coming this way

Comment

Anybody else around in March?

I'd like,I'd like...but my employer does'nt!
                          Give MS Lofoten my regards.

Comment

So do i. And my wife wants to do a summer trip next. This is way more expensive, so let's see how long it takes to collect the money for that.
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Hotel Cecilia in Trondheim is now booked.

Comment

Working...
                              X