Excursions - fields and shore trips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excursions - fields and shore trips

I don`t know if it is a good or a bad idea to open a new thread dedicated to all the excursions arranged by Hurtigruten.

But I was not able to find a fitting thread for a bunch of images from a RIB-safari-excurson to Saltstraumen.

This is one of a lot of excursions offered by Hurtigruten during a roundtrip. And my thought is that it would have been great to collect all kind of excursions in one thread. If this is a bad idea, I trust that the Administrator will delete the thread, and put my images in to a fitting thread

Re: Excursions - fields and shore trips

A popular excursion is RIB-safari to the malstrom Saltstraumen, when Hurtigruten is staying in Bodø northbound.

I travelled with a group of friends. And 4 of them was on this RIB-safari while I was driving my car out to Saltstraumen to take photos and video of them.

But we start with the facinating dressing-procedure, before start

I think it was i little "clumpsy" ro get dressed proporly

But they indeed looks very .....eh...... handsome

Comment

And here I met them again out under the Saltstraumen bridge.

Comment

And the last ones from this RIB-safari in Saltstraumen outside Bodø

Comment

I don`t know if it is a good or a bad idea to open a new thread dedicated to all the excursions arranged by Hurtigruten.
          Based on the traffic and 'life' in here...., I belive it was a rather good idea to start this thread.
          This is a part of the hurtigrute ops most of us don't know of, so this was interesting...., and needless to say, I hope there's more...?
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great idea and i hope that there will be a lot of contribution!!
            There was really low tide in Bodø. Look at the passengers gangway in the first picture! Never noticed that before.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Martin! This is an EXCELLENT idea! And a thread I hope to contribute to in the future …actually I am fairly sure that I already have some Hurtigruten excursions photos that haven’t featured elsewhere in other threads.

The forthcoming cruise on Nordstjernen is a bit more complicated – I have this week had the excursion booking list for the choice of excursions on the Norwegian coast part of the cruise. Some of these are the same as those offered on the normal round trip, but these tend to be the ones which I am not doing this time (for example North Cape and excursions in Tromsø). Naturally I’ll put the outline “trip report” and show the ship in different places on Nordstjernen’s own thread, but I shall have to decide/ask advice on where to post photos of the other excursions. I’m enthusiastically saying all this now because I was about to tell you anyway Martin that I’ll be taking the “Walk with visit to the Petter Dass Museum” tour when the ship is in Alstahaug!

Your Saltstraumen photos are marvellous at conveying what it’s all about, and I can imagine on a future northbound voyage chatting with passengers and showing them your photos on my i-Pad, thus recruiting for Hurtigruten’s excursion and CVF at the same time!!

Comment

I discovered this thread recently and I guess it is a good idea even if I’m not a fan of excursions when I’m onboard. Nevertheless it can be helpful to share an experience and give a picture of what you are about to visit: eating whets the appetite (hope this expression is still in use!)
                On my first trip on the line aboard MS Trollfjord in April-May 2011, since we are bird watchers, Françoise and I had an excursion to Gjesvaer on Mageroy Island. Yet I had opportunities to see a lot of sea birds in Iceland and Feroes, and when Françoise was still a sailor woman we often went to Sept-Iles archipelago, a natural reserve in Brittany where puffins and gannets nest. But I was actually impressed by this excursion to gjesvaer which still remains in my memory.
                First, from Honnigsvag , the road is enjoyable as it is at the beginning the same one to Nordkapp and after having turned left you reach a harbor which seems to be Norway in miniature: rocks, hills, blue, green, red houses, sea, sea and sea… There you embark aboard a little boat to get to the bird cliffs. Fortunately we were only height passengers; maybe in June-July the crowd spoils the pleasure.
                But the big thrill is the striking bird life in the area. Never see so much puffins and razorbills (pingouins torda), even in Feroes. As the colonies of cormorants, kittiwakes, gannets are also quite impressive. Icing on the cake, if you’re lucky you’ll be able to watch sea-eagles and seals.
                Follow me…

Comment

GJESVAER

Comment

Our boat

Comment

A puffin congress

Comment

Comment

Gannets nesting

...and flying

Comment

A razorbill...swimming?flying?drowning???

And a pygargue (sea-eagle)

Comment

Quiet cormorants

A seal at work!

Comment

Working...
                              X