Georges Simenon and Hurtigruten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georges Simenon and Hurtigruten

In March and April 1930 Georges Simenon (Maigret's father) sails from Bergen to Kirkenes on a coastle line ship.Here is a link about this trip.
    www.trussel.com/maig/figaro2e.htm

Re: Georges Simenon and Hurtigruten

Thanks for sharing.

For French-speaking members, here is more about Simenon voyage in a French newspaper dated March 1931. See the "Escales nordiques" article (nordic stopovers).

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k632444m.langFR

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k632446c/f1.langFR

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k632447r.langFR

Those links were kindly provided to me by a French tourist I met on board once.

Comment

Un grand merci for this link, Valerie.
      Simenon must not be reduced to his Maigret character.That he called his "romans durs" have a great value.Nice to see you like it.

Comment

BBC Radio 4 recently ran a short series entitled "The Other Simenon", featuring three of his non-Maigret short stories (in English translation); Teddy Bear, The Neighbours and The Venice Train. Earlier in the year they featured The Little Man from Archangel, In Case of Emergency and The Cat. (Je m'excuse, I only know the titles en Anglais).

Unfortunately, it's too late to catch these stories on BBC iPlayer but I can assure everyone that they were very very good. I am lucky in that I do a job that allows me to listen to the radio at work.
        ---------------------------
        Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
        Deck plan geek.

Comment

[QUOTE=Clipper;99415]BBC Radio 4 recently ran a short series entitled "The Other Simenon", featuring three of his non-Maigret short stories (in English translation); Teddy Bear, The Neighbours and The Venice Train. Earlier in the year they featured The Little Man from Archangel, In Case of Emergency and The Cat. (Je m'excuse, I only know the titles en Anglais).

I am agree with you, Clipper. Radio is a well-appropriate medium for Simenon's adaptation,better than TV or even cinema,I guess.
          By the way,two novels I particularly appreciate:
          The Train
          The Bells of Bicetre (Les Anneaux de Bicêtre)

Comment

This is very interesting. I will try to find something in German about it.
            By the way, there is a journalistic neglectfulness in your link, Ives.
            The ship, which is showed there, is no Hurtigruten Ship. It is in my opinion MS Vistamar.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
            X