No announcement yet.

::: Finnmarken ::: Art feature of Dagfinn Bakke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually a little bit surprised, because there are some here that I hadn't seen before.

I know there were quite a few on board, but I'm actually surprised that there are more than I thought.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here in this thread, but that I have said quite a few times before: we have an equally talented "artist" amongst us!

STERKODER!

This is to you: you are also a very talented at creating similar artwork and I truly mean that you should put them in a book, write a short story about each drawing (why, when, where... etc)... and PUBLISH it in a book!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

More worker pictures: Look at this tiny lubrification tool...

IMG_1300 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1301 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1302 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Lubrication tool almost looks like a cute tea-pot. LOL

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Today's additions. I am sorry about the poor quality of the first one. I did not notice that while i took the picture. But it shall be a complete gallery.

IMG_1303 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Turning a ship's hull from black to white?? Probably the preparing fo MS Finnmarken before she served as hotel ship in Australia? But he made this picture earlier, i think.

IMG_1304 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

One of my favourites:

IMG_1305 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

We continue with Hurtigruten pictures in bad weather...

IMG_1306 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1307 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

...and another one in poor quality. You can see the mirrored picture. There you can also recognize the angle of the cam. Sometimes not easy.

IMG_1308 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

I'm impressed. You have managed to find more of these than I remember.

I wonder if all these have always been there, or if some of them were added through the years?

Comment

I don't know, but i remember an earlier visit, when we met her with Lofoten. The staircases were filled with these. I guess, that was one action. The drawings are all dated and signed in 2002.

IMG_1309 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Another one with seagulls...

IMG_1310 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1311 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love this last one.

I checked the German Hurtigforum and they write about 55 drawings as Finnmarken - series. That is also the amount of my pictures, so we will have them complete in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  I checked the German Hurtigforum and they write about 55 drawings as Finnmarken - series. That is also the amount of my pictures, so we will have them complete in this thread.
                  OK, thank you for checking. It could off course my terrible memory, because there are so many delights here that I do not remember. So glad I can now enjoy them one-by-one.

These are truly great, especially those that appears to feature an old generation ship and past times. It's the old generation I remember falling in love with so many decades ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X