No announcement yet.

APRIL 2016 LISBONNE-AMSTERDAM ABOARD FRAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we can't call at Jersey,Fiona organized a painting studio.Here are the Masters:

And we crossed the Bretagne Brittany ferry and the cape de la Hague at the top of Cotentin peninsula.

Comment

Arriving in the Nederlands

At the entrance of the canal

The lock

Comment

Along the canal to Amsterdam.

Comment

Numerous harbours between the sea and Amsterdam.

Comment

Amsterdam marina

Central station in the background

Fram at cruise terminal (close to the city center)

THE END

Comment

It's been such a delight catching up with your experiences on Fram, Yves.

I missed commenting earlier on the subject of food which you discussed in #19.
              It surprised me that you had buffets for evening dinner, as that differs from the two 'European' itineraries I've taken on Fram. Dinner was served at the table at two sittings, as on the coastal service, and there was the same arrangement regarding the alternate main course displayed daily outside the dining room that could be requested. The first evening was a buffet, as it is in Bergen on the regular route. Other exceptions on the 'Around the British Isles' itinerary were the Filipino buffet night, the very full day to Iona and Staffa tendering with the PC boats, and in Dublin where Fram didn't leave until late evening as many guests wished to dine - and drink! - in the city. Last May on the Norway/Iceland relocation voyage we had 5 buffets out of the 12 evenings, though this was influenced by the technical problem in Eidfjord (resulting in a barbeque out on deck and hotel dinner at Flåm on what had become an overland excursion). There was also a buffet in Olden to accommodate all the National Day activities!

But having said all that, I've a recollection that some of our members have reported the conventional arrangements for dinner on the regular coastal route have changed - and not only on the redesigned ships such as Nordkapp, but also on the newer three ships.

However, on Fram in Antarctica it has always been buffets during the time actually in Antarctica, which successfully allows maximum flexibility in making landings.

Comment

• yvneac
                yvneac commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for your post Cecilia.
                As for the buffet, I must say it was not a big problem.Only a little annoyance during a beautiful voyage.

That last image is really creative, a great spot and well done.... it frames the whole story perfectly like wrapping up a present!
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
              X