X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Don't know if it goes for everyone in here, but some of us are very familiar with the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp. and their projects of filming the trainride Bergensbanen minute by minute (over 7 hours) and sending it on the national tv channel NRK1.
    Latest was the filming of Flåmsbanen.

Now, the NRK director of programs, Mr. Møklebust in NRK Hordaland want to film Hurtigruten from Bergen to Kirkenes minute by minute, a program that will air for 5 ½ days. The plans have come a great way into the project, so it is only a matter of time before the filming starts.
    (Wonder who will sit down and watch tv for 5 ½ days?)

Another project of NRK and Mr. Møklebust is to film a flight. Their wish is to film a Widerøe flight between northern Norway and southern Norway.
    Well..., one can only hope

LINK (to NRKs "wet dream" ) :
    http://www.nrk.no/kultur_og_underholdning/1.7277211
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

(Wonder who will sit down and watch tv for 5 ½ days?)
    I will.

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.)
    Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Wonder who will sit down and watch tv for 5 ½ days?....
      A geek such as me probably!!!!!!! . . . and note total lack of embarrassed smiley when I said that!
      Now admit it Sterkoder, you would sit and watch that Widerøe flight wouldn’t you!!!!!!

This concept is of a kind that really excites me, and I wish these folk well with their plans.

It reminds me a little of how a radio station in Ireland celebrated the centenary of the writer James Joyce by broadcasting a reading of the book Ulysses.

When I was in Rome with E this summer, I was reminded of another project, which was shown live on TV. It was a performance of the opera Tosca - performed at the very same locations in Rome where the story takes place, and at the times of day when the action occurs –so one had to get up at dawn for the act 3 execution scene on the battlements of Castel Sant'Angelo!

Comment

a performance of the opera Tosca - performed at the very same locations in Rome where the story takes place, and at the times of day when the action occurs –so one had to get up at dawn for the act 3 execution scene on the battlements of Castel Sant'Angelo!
        This has been shown on norwegian TV too...
        Regards; Sigve.
        ---

Comment

The Danish broadcast corp. has bought both Bergensbanen and Flåmsbanen programs for airing in Denmark. They don't expect mre than 20.-30.000 people watching, because they say; who will sit down for 7 hours to watch a train go from Oslo to Bergen...?

Of course they have totally misunderstood the consept.
          During that timeperiod there will be information given about things we see along the route. There will be shown older videos from station openings, interviews of people interesting to the subject and so on, and so on.

That will also be the case in the project around hurtigruten.
          We will not only follow a camera placed on the bow so to speak, but get to know interesting things about the places hurtigruten visit, videos from older times, maybe interviews of captains and crew and much more.

This is the consept. Not only viewing live images from a fixed camera.

Yes, I would love to follow a flight with Widerøe, but you know..., flying and aircraft sort of fade away in my life. There are no fun in flying anymore, thanks to the paranoia safety regimes at airports.
          But that's another story

Comment

170.000 danes watched the Bergensbanen programme, NRK reports.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
              170.000 danes watched the Bergensbanen programme, NRK reports.
              Yes, so I guess the Danish Broadcasting Corp. got a bit of a shock...!

Comment

We had similar projects in our TV some years ago. So the TV station of Berlin showed to the viewers of their local channel minute by minute movies of the several S-Bahn routes during each night.
                There was no additional information, just a camera and a microphone in the drivers cabin. Many people used it to watch while falling asleep. The quotes of viewers were astonishing high.

I believe this is a great project and it will be an effort on DVD as well. How many DVD will they need for 5,5 days....
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

A part of the journey with hurtigruten, in this fast forward trip between Trondheim and Rørvik... from adressa.no:

http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/frit...cle1538731.ece
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'll sit up and see hurtigruten from Bergen to Kirkenes in 5 ½ days! I'll just buy some cans of Red Bull!
                    Hope it will be "Midnatsol" that they should follow on the trip from Bergen to Kirkenes!
                    Regards from Joakim Bonsaksen

Comment

I agree on Midnatsol, they should follow that ship. She's my favorite out of the current Hurtigruten vessels. Here's the previous feature they did, following Midnatsol: Hurtigruten 365. I remember being on it from Trondheim to Bergen back in 2005, when they were filming for it. I wasn't too keen on getting on TV, so I avoided the camera team. Lets hope they have the sense to film the whole thing in full 1080p HD...
                      Olympus user
                      E-PL1, E-M5
                      w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                      MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                      MS Sunbird, former Rccl Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                      MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                      MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)

Comment

Hi folks,
                        I am one of the people behind this project at NRK. We do have the sense to shoot in HD. But since we probably are going to broadcast live from the ship, there are limitations on the satelite bandwith that forces us to transmit in SD. NRK2 will be available in HD from February this year, which means the SD signal will be far better than the present one.

And if you have enough terrabyte, you can download the whole thing afterwards, in full HD, via bittorrent. It should count about 4,5 TB.

Regarding which ship; it depends on departure date (and the tv schedule) and technical infrastructure. We haven't finally decided yet. But we don't think it's all that important, the main view is the sea and landscape - although we will shoot indoors as well.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Rune Møklebust
                        Head of programme
                        NRK Hordaland

Comment

Hello there, Rune, and welcome on board!!!
                          Great to read your info about the project and that NRK seems to be the only tv broadcaster fulfilling the needs of us interested in ships, coastal culture, shipping, sea and ocean.
                          What I personally wait for now, and I know there are a few more out there, is for the 'Norskekysten' and the fabulous Dag Lindebjerg to air.
                          So many interesting programmes has come out of NRK Hordaland over the years, so a huge thank you is certainly called for...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nrkmokle View Post
                            Hi folks,
                            I am one of the people behind this project at NRK. We do have the sense to shoot in HD. But since we probably are going to broadcast live from the ship, there are limitations on the satelite bandwith that forces us to transmit in SD. NRK2 will be available in HD from February this year, which means the SD signal will be far better than the present one.

And if you have enough terrabyte, you can download the whole thing afterwards, in full HD, via bittorrent. It should count about 4,5 TB.

Regarding which ship; it depends on departure date (and the tv schedule) and technical infrastructure. We haven't finally decided yet. But we don't think it's all that important, the main view is the sea and landscape - although we will shoot indoors as well.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Rune Møklebust
                            Head of programme
                            NRK Hordaland
                            Hello Rune,

I'd love to see the programme shot from one of the old ships (Lofoten or Nordstjernen). It would be interesting to see how they are approaching the different ports in all kinds of weather conditions without being packed with thrusters, azimut propellers etc.

A big thank you to you and to NRK who made the desicion to make a programme like this. Makes me pay the "lisens" with joy

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              A part of the journey with hurtigruten, in this fast forward trip between Trondheim and Rørvik... from adressa.no:

http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/frit...cle1538731.ece
                              Believe it or not, I have only just discovered this. Oh..... memories of Kong Olav. Now if only something similar had been done in those days. Or had it?
                              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                              X