Clear All

• Seagull
    started a topic ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

This is a continuation of the thread from the old forum:
    http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=368

• Seagull
    replied
    Well, the day had turned sunny and warm, we visited the Napoleon places, relaxed in picturesque Porto Azzurro, and strolled through vineyards, enjoying wine and local delicacies outside overlooking the sea in an idyllic setting.

In the early evening moody cloudscapes return as Serenissima sets sail for Corsica.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Can you see Sea-Troll in the port hole on the extreme right of this photo? He is showing you the position and size of cabin 321. Look how far along the next porthole is! It's the cabin's bathroom!

There is clearly another deck 3 no-see-through porthole on this photo, but I really wanted to show you something on deck 4, on the right.

Here is a close up. It is faded, and I had to adjust the contrast quite a bit so you could read "merry XMAS"! I wonder how long it has been there - which era of the ship's life even.
    Rather wonderful and emotional.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Our gangway is nearly in place. That van is port security.
    Then, just as officials were welcomed aboard to clear us, I make my way to breakfast.

No barbed wire or wire fences, just a gap in the plant tubs.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Suitably refreshed, I find a perfect location for a photo of the ship and her destination - really the main aim of my contributions to this ship thread.

We won't need to use the zodiacs today! She'll be docking right here in the town, just as she was used to doing at many a Norwegian port...

...though the port guys are so less used to a ship like ours and it is so interesting to see and hear instructions from our deck crew and from up on the bridge wing.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Surely a sight to delight all Norwegian seamen - and for the rest of us a view you don't get to experience even on ships like Lofoten!

Leaving the foredeck, I shall head for the Andrea lounge where there will be coffee and something to eat, for I shall not want to be early to breakfast today - not until we have docked.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Day 4 – 3rd October 2017 – Portoferraio, Elba, Italy.

Early morning mood on the bridge. Even earlier than usual, after the slowing down of the ship roused me.

Serenissima is approaching Portoferraio on the island of Elba.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    I know you are looking in dear friend ...and yes I did think of you in Barcelons. It was just embarking this time, but I had enjoyed the city some years ago on an extended holiday tagged on to ...yes you guessed! ...the F1 Grand Prix at the nearby Circuit de Catalunya. That was before you visited Barcelona, and I KNEW you'd like it .

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Yes Yves, it is!

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome in Corsica! I guess that in the picture number 2 we can see the lighthouse of La Revellata.

• pakarang
    replied
    Oh, beautiful Corsica! Such a perfect destination for Serenissima!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Enjoy watching your pictures and reading the text (should've told you more often, but belive me, I'm here).
    The one moored in Barcelona certainly brought memories from our holiday back in 2016, when we spent several days in that city.
    Yes, I once threw a coin over my left shoulder in the Fontana di Trevi in Rome, meaning I'll be visiting again, but I'm more convinced I'll return to Barcelona. What a place! Loved it!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

After everyone had returned to the ship from afternoon activities, Serenissima set sail for Elba - Italy - but we will be seeing more of Corsica the day after that!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I think I mentioned somewhere that D had taken ALL the organised excursions on the cruise, but I had forgotten the one exception that afternoon. Although there had been ample free time to relax over coffee at a quayside café, he had decided to return to the ship for lunch and remain aboard, rather than either staying in the town or joining an excursion to the Saleccia Botanical Park. He had probably done enough walking for one day, and botany isn't really his thing anyway.

I managed to take this view from the zodiac while returning to the ship to have lunch with him, before joinging the group on the botanical visit.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

We joined the walking tour excursion around Calvi, during which there were views of Serenissima from the fortifications.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X