ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional images:

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6603 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6605 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6612 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6618 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It's so wonderful and almost surreal to still be able to see this ship in such a good condition, in 2018 - 54 years after she started service.

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6624 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Dockside:

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6628 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6631 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Isn't she a beauty?

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6639 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6645 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Would you like some more? I know, I know, I would have loved a lot more...

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6656 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6658 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Getting closer to the end, before I have to go edit the YouTube video I have planned:

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6663 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6669 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_07_20 EOS 5D Serenissima RAW-IMG_6676 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

I think I must have died and gone to heaven.
                ---------------------------
                Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                Deck plan geek.
                The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post
                  I think I must have died and gone to heaven.
                  I did too!

Each time seeing this beauty of a ship, I feel quite emotional because it takes me back to the time when I really, really loved Hurtigruten and their ships. Good memories.

Comment

• nari
                    nari commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She is indeed a spectacular ship; and if Harald Jarl had not been cast off like a dead fish - there could have been two of them, Jarl and Lofoten. More pics of Serenissima in the future would be good!

From Harald Jarl / Andrea / Serenissima' visit to Trondheim this year - a very welcome sight in Trondheim at any time.

2018_07_21 Adressa-Serenissima by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Great to see - and to see you mentioned! (...so proud ).

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    .... a very welcome sight in Trondheim at any time.
                    Serenissima should be getting THREE visits home to Trondheim this summer!
                    Trondheim calls:
                    17th June
                    18th August
                    24th August

Other Norwegian Summer 2019 Serenissima-spotting opportunities:-
                    Tromsø calls:
                    14th June This is a turnaround where one group leave and the ship takes on a new group of guests and departs the same evening. Flights from the UK to/from Tromsø are included in the holiday price, though this can be adjusted if anyone wishes to make their own arrangements or perhaps spend more time in Tromsø.

Similarly there is another turnaround in Tromsø on August 21st.

Àlesund calls:-
                    June 18th
                    August 16th
                    August 25th

Bergen calls:-
                    June 20th
                    August 14th
                    August 30th

Also Flåm on 29th August where the railway excursion, as for all excursions and activities throughout the holiday, are included in the holiday price.

There are many other smaller places Serenissima plans to call on these itineraries, and changes may be made as on all 'expedition voyages', especially in response to unfavourable weather conditions where zodiac landings are required. Though equally there are also times when the weather is particularly good for bird watching and other wildlife spotting opportunities when it might be decided to spend some extra time zodiac cruising!
                    Last edited by Seagull; May 24th, 2019, 16:29. Reason: Added dates for other major places in addition to Trondheim.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      Great to see - and to see you mentioned! (...so proud ).

Serenissima should be getting THREE visits home this summer!
                      17th June
                      18th August
                      24th August
                      All will surely going to be work days... (still haven't checked though).

Comment

Serenissima arrives in the British Isles

The entrance to Portsmouth harbour is a marvellous location to watch the comings and goings of ships of all kinds. It is especially thrilling to watch the arrival of a cruise ship on which one is going to embark later that day! I first had this experience with MV Discovery in May 2011. discovering the advantage of staying a night in the Gunwharf Quays area within a short early pre-breakfast walk to a suitable vantage point. Highly recommended! Of course you will already have sussed out that it's a same-day turnaround from the previous cruise, and be armed with a mobile AIS app to check your ship is progressing past the Isle of Wight as expected.

And so on the 3rd of May 2019 at 06:23 in the morning local time, and in unseasonably chilly weather blessed with the first rays of sunshine, I watched Serenissima make her majestic entrance.

Comment

This is going to be good. I love sitting at Southeea or Spice Island watching the big boats coming and going.
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you for all your interest in my trip here and in "Seagull away a While". Yes, I love Portsmouth. So much pleasure for anyone who enjoys things maritime

She looks so beautiful, and almost like peaking in to an exotic harbour to have a snoop around.

She has some great speed at the point of the image as well, perhaps somewhere between 4-6 knots I would presume judging from the bow-wave.

I bet this cruise was as amazing as you had expected and anticipated, right?

Comment

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, she does look beautiful, and it is so thrilling and emotional to see her coming into view at that corner that it would be all to easy to forget to actually take the photo! And there sure is lots for her to find there in the harbour on her way to the Cruise Terminal, from the Victory to the latest warships! Serenissima always looks good playing peek-a-boo There was one photo in 2015 of the ship peeping from behind some rocks in the Aeolian Islands that FB kept reminding me was apparently my ‘most liked photo'!

This latest cruise was indeed amazing, pakarang, even exceeding my expectations. Watch this space!

A lovely picture of "Serenissima" arriving at the harbor.
                          Look forward to many great photos and comments from your journey that you have been on.
                          Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you so much Bengt. There will be more photos from the trip - see my next post. And you might soon even have the opportunity to see Serenissima again yourself!

• DS Lyngen
                            DS Lyngen commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, according to the cruise list for Tromsø harbor, "Serenissima" will arrive at Tromsø 14.06.19 and 21.08.19
                        Working...
                        X