No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These photos are very evocative and I was reminded of Lofoten's appearance (not as pristine as Serenissima!) with each one. As I won't be returning to Norway, I appreciate the reminder of that appearance!

Comment

A wonderful high quality trip-report. exactly as we expect from one of the best of the best.

Comment

I love the first image of post 1407. She is almost like perfectly placed in that street scene - almost as if the ship was designed to fit into the landscape. Kind of makes me think of old Mediterranean shipping routes, and the ship just making one of her calls. Almost like a southern Hurtigrute service.

Glad to see that the picture is still inlace on board, and kind of "cool" that something from me travels with the ship onwards even though I'm not. Should have made a plaque to go with it, with the name of CaptainsVoyage Forum (free advertisement for us).
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I like that #1407/1 too, pakarang. It was a very grab shot, leaning from my seat into the aisle from a few rows back, somehow avoiding obstructions around the front window of the bus, even not needing to straighten the resulting snap afterwards (although I did need to adjust the colour balance to get rid of the greenish tinge of the window glass). That couple walking in the road couldn’t have been more perfect, and, as you say, the ship seems to belong there in that port. When you think about it there are many views in Norway looking down streets towards hurtigruten quays, so we carry that concept within our subconscious I suppose.

And then,encountered abroad, it becomes a conscious thought. This image reminded me strongly of such a view in Ushuaia, and the feelings it aroused.I'd journeyed to "the town “at the end of the world" and there was a familiar hurtigrute of another generation waiting to take me beyond, to Antarctica! Indeed an amazing and highly emotional feeling, and the ship looking as if it was meant to be there.

As I write this, our Harald Jarl, Serenissima is in Archangel in polar Russia!

I'm trying to complete my Mediterranean trip report this weekend, but then I've more to mention about that framed photo from you that travels the world.

Comment

I agree so whole-heartedly with you: we carry that image of the ship at the end of the street, in our minds, from the days of the traditional ships in coastal service.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
            X