No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

–but probably not until after he has punished us for being so delightfully OT here!!!!
    Oh, I wouldn't care too much about that. Remember post #98 and who posted the picture....?
    Besides, this is just what any "forumist" would enjoy....., a good set of info and a discussion erupting from one post, or isn't it so, Jan-Olav?

But of course, too much OT is just that...., too much
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Read on another forum that "Andrea" is under arrest in Split.
      So, she's not for sale, but arrested??

This is a quote from a webpage I don't know of, but quoted from the other forum:
      * Andrea, 105 pax (Formerly Harald Jarl of Norwegian Coastal Voyages. Under arrest at Split

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Read on another forum that "Andrea" is under arrest in Split.
        So, she's not for sale, but arrested??

This is a quote from a webpage I don't know of, but quoted from the other forum:
        I think she was arrested and then went on sale.
        http://hr.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=123128

I'm not sure but I think I also saw her advertised somewhere else.

Comment

"Big S", i must say!!! Before reading in other forums, you can use this one! Just read some pages back in this thread and there you will find all information you need. I am just waiting for Ombugges next post telling us, he sold her...
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I'm a CVist, but must admit...., I haven't read ALL words ever written in here.
            Must be better in paying attention this year Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              I'm a CVist, but must admit...., I haven't read ALL words ever written in here.
              Must be better in paying attention this year Sorry...
              Arhh, yes, i also am guilty of this, but there is often too much to catch up on in oneday. I miss a few bits and then spot them a few days later, or sometimes a few months later. And then, whilst i am catching up on the stuff i missed before, i go and miss a whole load of new stuff!
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                Arhh, yes, i also am guilty of this, but there is often too much to catch up on in oneday. I miss a few bits and then spot them a few days later, or sometimes a few months later. And then, whilst i am catching up on the stuff i missed before, i go and miss a whole load of new stuff!
                Don't worry, it happens more often to all of us, than we wish...
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Happy to see that someone cares about this unique ship and keep up with it's whereabouts!

Maybe high time to remind the H-J lovers in Trondheim that it is now available...

Comment

Originally posted by HARALD JARL View Post
                    Happy to see that someone cares about this unique ship and keep up with it's whereabouts!
                    And I am truly happy to see the name "Harald Jarl" lives on as a "nick-name" her on CV.
                    Thank you for keeping the memories of that beatiful hurtigrute-vessel alive each time you post something here, dear H-J.

Comment

Andrea/Harald Jarl on Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm, on her 2008 visit to Norway.
                      ---
                      Regards; Sigve.

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Regards; Sigve.
                      ---
                      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                        Andrea/Harald Jarl on Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm, on her 2008 visit to Norway.
                        ---
                        Regards; Sigve.
                        Great image of a wonderful looking vessel... did you notice that it appears as if the waterfall comes out of/ cascades into the funnel... !
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

My first try to upload a video and I know the quality is not good, I am sorry.
                          Maybe it is interesting for Harald Jarl and Talfh?

Comment

Originally posted by Eilun View Post
                            I can tell you now that it's not only Harald Jarl and Talfh that will find that interesting Eilun. I for one found it very interesting indeed! Fantastic video from the engineering department, i loved it! And the sound, music to my ears, turn your volume UP and enjoy!

Thank you very much for posting that.
                            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Eilun View Post
                              Brilliant!

I have read about those engines but didn't know there was any footage of them.

And the "poor" quality doesn't matter. If anything, it suits the subject. Sort of artistic.

Clipper
                              ---------------------------
                              Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                              Deck plan geek.

Comment

The sound... I can't connect my old camera to my computer which is not really younger. Yesterday I visited my brother for help and he thought it is better to turn off the loudspeaker.

I tried a lot to get a better video of the machine but like often it was Murphys law. The film is from a short visit in the machine in April 2001.
                                I planned to record a better one at the last cruise. It was hectic because there were a lot of VIPs on board, the NRK and others. It was difficult to get the permission of visiting the machine. It worked, then I stood inside and I couldn't start my camera. I had lost the red start button and I crawled through the machine room, to my cabin and in each edge of the ship but I could't find it.
                                My girl friend said it looked strange, I don't know what the crew thought about me.
                                The camera was in standby modus and I tried to start it with needles or something else, but no success and I got a crisis.

The last 20 seconds are from Andrea in Bergen, June 2004.
                                It was the last month before they built up the fences and ISPS-terminals. I tried to watch the machine from outside and a crewmember said I can come aboard and take a look to the machine. So I did - I walked onboad, inside the machine room and at the same moment I heard a cry behind me - no!!!
                                I thought about doing a walk inside the machine, but he meant only a look from outside through the door. He was musician on board and couldn't allow this. So this video is very short, too.

This is everything I have about the machine and I hope to see it working again. You can see a better film in a room in the Hurtigrute-museum in Stokmarknes. Last time when I came out there, an other passenger asked me what I have done inside to produce this terrible loud noise!

Comment

Working...
                                X