No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• –but probably not until after he has punished us for being so delightfully OT here!!!!
    Oh, I wouldn't care too much about that. Remember post #98 and who posted the picture....?
    Besides, this is just what any "forumist" would enjoy....., a good set of info and a discussion erupting from one post, or isn't it so, Jan-Olav?

But of course, too much OT is just that...., too much
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Read on another forum that "Andrea" is under arrest in Split.
      So, she's not for sale, but arrested??

This is a quote from a webpage I don't know of, but quoted from the other forum:
      * Andrea, 105 pax (Formerly Harald Jarl of Norwegian Coastal Voyages. Under arrest at Split

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Read on another forum that "Andrea" is under arrest in Split.
        So, she's not for sale, but arrested??

This is a quote from a webpage I don't know of, but quoted from the other forum:
        I think she was arrested and then went on sale.
        http://hr.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=123128

I'm not sure but I think I also saw her advertised somewhere else.

Comment

• "Big S", i must say!!! Before reading in other forums, you can use this one! Just read some pages back in this thread and there you will find all information you need. I am just waiting for Ombugges next post telling us, he sold her...
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• I'm a CVist, but must admit...., I haven't read ALL words ever written in here.
            Must be better in paying attention this year Sorry...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              I'm a CVist, but must admit...., I haven't read ALL words ever written in here.
              Must be better in paying attention this year Sorry...
              Arhh, yes, i also am guilty of this, but there is often too much to catch up on in oneday. I miss a few bits and then spot them a few days later, or sometimes a few months later. And then, whilst i am catching up on the stuff i missed before, i go and miss a whole load of new stuff!
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                Arhh, yes, i also am guilty of this, but there is often too much to catch up on in oneday. I miss a few bits and then spot them a few days later, or sometimes a few months later. And then, whilst i am catching up on the stuff i missed before, i go and miss a whole load of new stuff!
                Don't worry, it happens more often to all of us, than we wish...
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Happy to see that someone cares about this unique ship and keep up with it's whereabouts!

Maybe high time to remind the H-J lovers in Trondheim that it is now available...

Comment

• Originally posted by HARALD JARL View Post
                    Happy to see that someone cares about this unique ship and keep up with it's whereabouts!
                    And I am truly happy to see the name "Harald Jarl" lives on as a "nick-name" her on CV.
                    Thank you for keeping the memories of that beatiful hurtigrute-vessel alive each time you post something here, dear H-J.

Comment

• Andrea/Harald Jarl on Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm, on her 2008 visit to Norway.
                      ---
                      Regards; Sigve.

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Regards; Sigve.
                      ---
                      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                        Andrea/Harald Jarl on Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm, on her 2008 visit to Norway.
                        ---
                        Regards; Sigve.
                        Great image of a wonderful looking vessel... did you notice that it appears as if the waterfall comes out of/ cascades into the funnel... !
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• My first try to upload a video and I know the quality is not good, I am sorry.
                          Maybe it is interesting for Harald Jarl and Talfh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eilun View Post
                            My first try to upload a video and I know the quality is not good, I am sorry.
                            I can tell you now that it's not only Harald Jarl and Talfh that will find that interesting Eilun. I for one found it very interesting indeed! Fantastic video from the engineering department, i loved it! And the sound, music to my ears, turn your volume UP and enjoy!

Thank you very much for posting that.
                            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eilun View Post
                              My first try to upload a video and I know the quality is not good, I am sorry.
                              Brilliant!

I have read about those engines but didn't know there was any footage of them.

And the "poor" quality doesn't matter. If anything, it suits the subject. Sort of artistic.

Clipper
                              ---------------------------
                              Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                              Deck plan geek.

Comment

• The sound... I can't connect my old camera to my computer which is not really younger. Yesterday I visited my brother for help and he thought it is better to turn off the loudspeaker.

I tried a lot to get a better video of the machine but like often it was Murphys law. The film is from a short visit in the machine in April 2001.
                                I planned to record a better one at the last cruise. It was hectic because there were a lot of VIPs on board, the NRK and others. It was difficult to get the permission of visiting the machine. It worked, then I stood inside and I couldn't start my camera. I had lost the red start button and I crawled through the machine room, to my cabin and in each edge of the ship but I could't find it.
                                My girl friend said it looked strange, I don't know what the crew thought about me.
                                The camera was in standby modus and I tried to start it with needles or something else, but no success and I got a crisis.

The last 20 seconds are from Andrea in Bergen, June 2004.
                                It was the last month before they built up the fences and ISPS-terminals. I tried to watch the machine from outside and a crewmember said I can come aboard and take a look to the machine. So I did - I walked onboad, inside the machine room and at the same moment I heard a cry behind me - no!!!
                                I thought about doing a walk inside the machine, but he meant only a look from outside through the door. He was musician on board and couldn't allow this. So this video is very short, too.

This is everything I have about the machine and I hope to see it working again. You can see a better film in a room in the Hurtigrute-museum in Stokmarknes. Last time when I came out there, an other passenger asked me what I have done inside to produce this terrible loud noise!

Comment

Working...
                                X