• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Hope you all enjoyed the tour
              ...and no, I don't have any further information about the stabilisers.

Comment

• That engine room seems to be in very nice shape, specially when considering the fact that the ship is 54 years old!

Comment

• nari
                  nari commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is certainly an immaculate looking engine room, extensively made over and looking in better condition than poor old Lofoten's!

• Awesome, absolutely awesome!

Yes, the engine room is in very good shape. Not strange as when she underwent the transformation to Serenissima, literally everything was either cleaned, polished, repainted, repaired or replaced.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• What made a great impression on me and pleased me dearly was that the heritage of the ship is so much appreciated by the present crew who take a great pride in her.
                  Here is the Chief Engineer. You just know that original Burmeister & Wain engine is in good hands...

Comment

• Continuation of Day 13 – at sea

Judging by the chairs left in various places, folk had been finding places that were both sunny and sheltered for sitting outside!

The sea looked perhaps a little less smooth later in the afternoonn...

...particularly further forward as in this photo from Deck 4

Comment

• I remembered that my earlier photo in the corridor taken when I'd visited the suite on Deck 6 didn't completely show the balcony-like opening above the stair on the starboard side, or the lift, so set off to take another.

I also went up the stairs to Deck 7, where this photo shows the doors to suites 703 and 704 (two of those that have the outside balconies).

Comment

• Then I wandered down to bridge.

Comment

• It was a good opportunity to take photos of some details.

Practically anything with shiny brass or Norwegian wording attracted my attention!

Comment

• Good-to-know facts and figures

Comment

• Homely and various Croatian touches...

When I mentioned the rabbit I was also shown the tortoise on the other side! - reminders of the local time clock changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X