No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a lift, the easy way to get up to the Castello area.

The drape around the building is in connection with an art exhibition.

On the left is the Cathedral (the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. Cecilia !).

Comment

More viewpoints from the Castello.

Comment

We continue our walk through the oldest streets and narrow alleys…

...and emerge to find another terrace viewpoint.

Comment

The Tower of the Elephant with gates and portcullis dates from the beginning of the 14th century and guards the south-western side of Castello. It is named after a charming statue. This statue - the second elephant statue of the cruise! - amused me as I thought its body was rather pig-like!

There was another lift for those that wished, but I strolled downhill, enjoying the mood, pleasant sunlight with just the faintest touch of autumn.

Comment

The buses are here, I'm in number 3 today.

There’'s time to look around though before we depart, and I take a silhouette of the monument to King Carlo Felice.

Comment

Dimonios which I'd seen that morning is here...

...and Via Adriatico - my final couple of photos from the decks of Serenissima to end the day.

The next will be rather different - a totally 'at sea' day!

Comment

You certainly had a most wonderful cruise on this Serenissima!

Impressive sceneries in impressive photographs!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I have the impression, that they offered very good replacement destinations! Very nice evening pictures in #906. But i was also surprised by the deformed hull of the ship in #897/1.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sigve
                    Sigve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think the hull is deformed, she's constructed like that. Lofoten is exactly similar.

Day 13 – at sea

The original itinerary would have been an at sea day for Serenissima between ports along the Algerian coast. It is still an at sea day but the ship will be sailing from Sardinia to Spain, towards our next port of call at Cartagena, arriving during Day14.

I don't seem to have any early-morning out on deck photos! Was I catching up on sleep or enjoying a more leisurely breakfast? - or simply excitedly anticipating arrangements for an engine room visit. YES!!!! I am successfully on the list, and it'’s going to be during the morning.

This opportunistic photo, taken through an open door a day or so or so earlier, certainly had me wanting to see more!

Comment

Visit to the Engine Room

I have to admit that I thought afterwards that my attempts at taking photos during the visit to the engine room were very poor, even allowing for the obvious limitations and challenging lighting conditions. But it is amazing what can be salvaged, and after relatively little extra tweaking effort I seem to have got 26 photos! ...and am finding it impossible to choose 'the best looking' or even 'the most interesting'! Taking photos while listening to the engineer's explanations in a noisy environment is itself a compromise, and therefore I don't think I can even select on the basis of showing things I can reliably accompany with even the most basic technical details.

But I know some of you have been really looking forward to this, so I'm just going to post them as is. Enjoy!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X