No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whaddyamean useless??? Your contribution was worthwhile!

All of us love these ships, and some so much that we know every detail by heart...

And do keep looking out for ANDREA, dear friend!

Comment

Thanks HJ.

I do hope our dear old friend survives her current crisis.

I seriously considered signing up (as a passenger) for her positioning transit across the Atlantic last Autumn (Spain? to South America) but thought I would probably get very bored after the first few days. Atlantic scenery is not so varied as Norway's coast.

Clipper
      ---------------------------
      Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
      Deck plan geek.

Comment

I just had a look around in the web hoping to find some news about Andrea/ex Harald Jarl and found this notes in a German forum:

http://www.adriaforum.com/kroatien/i...-split-t58740/

I will translate the most important sentences:

"I am Harald Schmandke or better known as Harry and was during the two years a crewmember aboard Andrea, at least the hotel director. On 11th of March i had to close the ship and fire the crew. The owner, Captain Mato Stanovic was not able to run the ship anymore because of financial problems. Since April it is towed in Split. Several tries to start again had no effort. I myself was the last time aboard in end of April together with the captain. I still have contact to my colleagues, but nothing new. I had no possibility to make pictures in Split."

I will investigate further from time to time. I wonder if HRG could be interested in the ship to replace Polar Star by an own ship?
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Clearly, I was the person who asked in this Forum. It was only an idea to ask at a place where more people love the south and visited Split. But at the moment I don't think I will get some photos.
          I sent Harry a private mail, too and wrote I can post the photos in the web, but I got no answer and it is a long time ago now.

Comment

You know, I really fear the future for this wonderful ship...

The market is tight, she is old, and she does need to be continuously maintained. A gap of half a year on her maintenance, can do devastating things to an old lady such as her.

I haven't seen her listed anywhere for sale, as far as I can see.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I think that Kaare Espolin-Johnsons MASTERPIECE of an artwork fits in right here..............

Hope and Prayers

(Artwork originally painted for MS Harald Jarl. Now replaced on Trollfjord)

Comment

Thanks, 'Eilun', for keeping track of her! Keep up your good work.

Jan-Olav, I fear you're right in that she cannot be left inactive too long...

I'm really worried as to her future. Have notified HR-people that she may be for sale and perfect for the Spitzbergen cruises, but I guess they will not spend money on anything these days.

Comment

Does anyone know some useful links to ship brokers or agencies, where we could do some monitoring, if she will appear there as "for sale"? Ombugge?

Comment

I'm getting more and more worried about the fate of our dear old Lady...

She is not being maintained, and with her age against her, that is not so good. (worried look)
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                      Does anyone know some useful links to ship brokers or agencies, where we could do some monitoring, if she will appear there as "for sale"? Ombugge?
                      I just checked on that a few days ago as I had an enquiry for a small cruise ship, (300+ Pax) but couldn't find anybody offering the Andrea for sale, at least not being circulated between Brokers, as far as I could find out in a very quick search.

She is a bit too small for that potential buyer, and I don't know her Class and SOLAS status at the moment, but if I should get firm request for something in this size, I may give her a try. (And/or the Kong Olav)

Comment

That's what i call professional assistance!
                        Thank you for having an eye on her and Kong Olav!
                        Please include also Hope II (Caribbean Mercy, ex-Polarlys) which disappeared near the Panama Canal last year. But maybe she is scrapped already...
                        Last edited by Ralf__; October 27th, 2009, 16:36.

Comment

Thank you 'ombugge' - I'll sleep better at night knowing you're on the lookout.

Comment

Anyone got $ 15 million to spare + $ 3 million to get the SOLAS 2010...???

If so, here's "Andrea" for you:

http://hr.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=123128
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Well spotted Big S!!!

I have searched severl times but never found this advertisement. Very well done indeed. And it was posted on 2009-08-31.

Must rush - work beckons.

Clipper
                              ---------------------------
                              Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                              Deck plan geek.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Anyone got $ 15 million to spare + $ 3 million to get the SOLAS 2010...???

If so, here's "Andrea" for you:

http://hr.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=123128
                                So she is then actively being offered in the market through some broker(s) (Joint brokarage agreement) Who I don't know as it is not stated. Maybe a yacht broker.

The price is stiff for such a small and old vessel, although stated to be "five star" standard and extensively upgraded in 2003.

I don't have any interested buyer at this moment, but will keep her in mind, just in case a suitable enquiry should come my way.

Sterkoder, thanks for the link. I thought Apollo Duck was a Yacht market site only, but if appears they have somewhat wider scope. I'll add it to the list of brokerage sites to check when I get enquiries for fast ferries and pax vessels etc. although the broker network usually also carry those.

Comment

Working...
                                X