ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The northbound hurtigrute later that day was Kong Harald. The ship came alongside Serenissima with much hooting exchanged in greeting.

Comment

Comment

I decided to watch Serenissima’s departure from the hotel rooftop terrace. But first she had some interesting and interested visitors sail by!

Comment

As you can see, the weather had finally turned cloudy and increasingly wet. I had supposed Serenissima’s departure to be at around 6pm, but it was actually at 7 that she left her mooring...

… and turned, gradually disappearing into the mist of the grey fjord.

Comment

Re: ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              Dear Sigve, Such a wonderful sight in Flåm! Love that last viewpoint. Is it up by the farm at Otternes? No, you didn’t see me around. My original idea was indeed to go to Flåm and/or Ålesund and have an altogether longer trip, and I would for sure have got in touch with you, but with various domestic issues couldn’t manage it.
              Yes Seagull, the view over Flåm harbour was taken from Otternes.
              But there is a mystery: My pictures are always reasonable sharp, but when they have been through Photobucket and appear on the forums webpage, they appear unsharp! This I haven't noticed before. Why!?

PS: Of course I'm enjoying your Serenissima pictures and look forward to more of them!
              Last edited by Sigve; July 3rd, 2013, 22:23.
              Regards; Sigve.
              ---
              IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Pakarang also mentioned that somewhere recently. I suppose it could be related to differences in the new version of Photobucket, maybe in the settings. We’ve got a thread for Problems with Photobucket so we can share and discuss any further findings there.
                However regarding your photos of Serenissima here, please don’t feel concerned –they are great to look at, even if you can see a difference from your originals.

I didn’t mention my absolute favourite! It is #551/3 of the ship against the mountain rocks.

Comment

Seagull and Sigve, what a delight!
                  Seagull I can almost feel the excitment you must have had while turning around Serenissma and trying to find new points of view to enhance different parts of her silhouette. Again, delightful series.
                  MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                  Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                  My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                    Dear Radeon, another wonderful surprise. I hadn’t even realised you were in Trondheim! We may even have seen each other without realising! (should have packed my seagull tee-shirt!)
                    Ah I now see that we both stood on the pier and took pictures of the beautiful M/S serenissima! Had I known that, we would have had a chat. Yes you must have the seagull t-shirt next time. By the way very nice pictures! Beautiful perspective of old M/S Harald Jarl.

Comment

Serenissima in Tromsø – 24 June 2013

Here is the scene along the quay shortly after Serenissima had arrived in Tromsø, now stern to stern with Lofoten.

They were just assembling her gangway.
                      Last edited by Seagull; July 8th, 2013, 12:22.

Comment

Some more views, poking my camera between the fencing wires!

Comment

Comment

Next I took a view from the Hurtigruten bit of the quay to show both ships –and recognisably in Tromsø with the bridge in the distance.

Comment

There had been a sudden flurry of activity as some officers and crew of Lofoten paid a quick visit to Serenissima and vice versa! I thought how very nice it was to see that happen. Serenissima seems to be a ship that has not forgotten her heritage.

The captain of Lofoton, on the left, is smiling at me – we had spoken earlier that morning when I had been up on the bridge wing quite a lot of the time.

Comment

Then Lofoten is ready to depart…

…and I have my last sight of the two ships together, as Lofoten heads northbound.

Next: The following day, and more viewpoints of Serenissima.

Comment

Working...
                                X