Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm, Tuesday July 2d.

Serenissima approaching Flåm at slow speed.

Meeting the tourist ferry Skagastøl.

Beautiful ship beneath majestic mountains.

Serenissima at anchor, in the background we can see MSC Opera departing.
    Last edited by Sigve; July 3rd, 2013, 20:41.
    Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm, Tuesday July 2d.

Serenissima at anchor, Flåm.

Serenissima at anchor in the tiny harbour of F låm.

Last edited by Sigve; July 3rd, 2013, 20:40.
      Regards; Sigve.
      ---
      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Dear Radeon, another wonderful surprise. I hadn’t even realised you were in Trondheim! We may even have seen each other without realising! (should have packed my seagull tee-shirt!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
          PS: Didn't see you around, Seagull?
          Dear Sigve, Such a wonderful sight in Flåm! Love that last viewpoint. Is it up by the farm at Otternes? No, you didn’t see me around. My original idea was indeed to go to Flåm and/or Ålesund and have an altogether longer trip, and I would for sure have got in touch with you, but with various domestic issues couldn’t manage it.

So, Bengt, Radeon, Sigve and all followers of this thread, I am now going to become very annoying, because our Serenissima-spotting gets out of sequence, all due to my slowness since returning home. Anyway, this is what I have to offer: her Trondheim and Tromsø calls, both from her first (i.e. northbound) cruise.

I have the Trondheim photos ready to post now. I’ll try to process the Tromsø ones in the next few days, but of course if anyone has other photos then please don’t wait for me.

Ummmm…I have ended up with 26 photos in Trondheim and could clearly have been very much more selective, but it’s too difficult, And after all, this particular port call was an especially significant one for Harald Jarl with being a kind of homecoming on this very first return to Norway as Serenissima.

Comment

Serenissima in Trondheim – 21 June 2013

My first sight of Serenissima! –well the first when she was sufficiently in range of my zoom lens to be obviously recognisable. And as a bonus there are a couple of equally recognisable ferries in the distance!

Comment

The day was actually to cloud up significantly after an idyllic start, but there were moment of stronger sunlight as she slowly approached.

That settles it Radeon –taken only a moment before yours, and now I do indeed remember I wasn’t the only person with a camera along from the pier, and you probably recollect seeing a lady by the rocks, trying hard not to get in the way of your photo-taking!!!!!

Ah, here I'm typically right among the rocks and included them in my Munkholmen view!
              Last edited by Seagull; July 8th, 2013, 12:20.

Comment

Another view, before turning my attention to the funnel photo.

Comment

She’s arrived!

Comment

Comment

Next I headed off around the swimming pool, Pirbadet, and joined the Viking in admiring the view!

Comment

I walked along the rough ground in the general direction of the carparking near the Hurtigruten quay, all the time looking back for further views of Serenissima.

Comment

I’m sure you can guess the exact kind of view I was hoping for! A little scrambling over more of the loose rock blocks and I had it. The sun even came out a bit more at that exact moment!

Comment

I’ve even managed to combine three photos into a panorama!

Comment

Now it’s time for a rather more unusual view –just a tiny glimpse of the ship beyond Pirbadet seen through a corridor window and framed by the architectural features of the new Clarion Congress Hotel where I was staying. (Clearly a strategically located choice!}

Reflections in the side of the hotel opposite the HSC’s, looking towards the entrance of the port area (now with railings and a gate).

Comment

Up on the 9th floor of the hotel there is a restaurant and the Skybar, with an inviting outside terrace and view over the fjord.

Comment

Working...
                                X