ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Serenissima appeared in the newspaper, too.

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondh...cle7791559.ece

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post
      ....Let's hope Seagull's trip is going according to plan. It all sounds rather complex to me....
      Haha you doubters! I had a wonderful "Serenissima Day" yesterday, from her arrival in the morning sun, special greetings when Kong Harald departed, and departure in rather wet weather which I watched from the roof terrace of the new Clarion hotel. Your webcam capture is AWESOME Clipper.

Naturally I took many photos, but it's far too complicated for me to post any as I go along, with only an iPad. But I have put a couple of pics taken directly with the iPad on Hurtigrutens Venner group on Facebook and they seem to be very popular, even though its a fixed rather wide view. Otherwise, patience until I get home!

Comment

Serenissima passing Sortland.

Sortland webcam: click thumbnail for full size image

And Cecilia is catching up fast. Lofoten's scheduled departure from Stokmarknes was 20 minutes before this capture of Serenissima. So the two ships can't be more than about 14 nm apart at this time.
        Last edited by Clipper; June 24th, 2013, 02:06.
        ---------------------------
        Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
        Deck plan geek.
        The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Serenissima and Lofoten were together along the quay in Tromsø this evening. Great to see, photo later!

Comment

"Serenissima" inbound to Tromsø yesterday afternoon in rain showers.

Serenisimma by Grindøya, on Flickr
            Last edited by Azimut; September 7th, 2013, 20:01.

Comment

"Serenissima" and "Lofoten" at Prostneset pier yesterday.

Serenissima og Lofoten by Grindøya, on Flickr
              Last edited by Azimut; September 7th, 2013, 20:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                Serenissima and Lofoten were together along the quay in Tromsø this evening. Great to see, photo later!
                Was busy with other things earlier and missed it. Never mind, I know I will see a great photo one day soon.

And even as I speak, Bengt has posted two already. Beautiful!
                Last edited by Clipper; June 25th, 2013, 01:52.
                Deck plan geek.

Comment

A quick "god morgen" from a sunny Trømso ...so I'm just dashing off to take a photo of Serenissima with some blue sky around in case the weather changes again!

Not that it is important because what could be more beautiful than the photo Bengt took of her arrival yesterday in that beautiful light

I didn't photograph her until she was moored (due to showing some folk I'd met on Nordstjernen some places and then, as my iPad needed charging, I wasn't constantly checking the AIS!) So that's another reason why I was pleased to see your viewpoint Bengt, and that you weren't hanging around the quay wondering if there was a Seagull around!

The security guy thought Serenissima would leave with her new guests around 6 this evening, but it sounded rather uncertain, so I shall be around the quay area long before to make sure I get a photo!

(Oh I meant to say that Jens is away in Germany and says he's sorry he can't take a video for us.)
                  Last edited by Seagull; June 25th, 2013, 08:33.

Comment

Two stunning pictures Bengt! #500 with the perfect soft light to bring out Serenissima against the beautiful background of mountains and snow, and #501, so full of emotions... Thank you very much for sharing!
                    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                    Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

I went on board Midnatsol to take yet another view of Serenissima! After she left, I could see the guests on board Serenissima having their drill, and getting their life jackets. Then two of them waved to me ...they were folk I'd met on Nordstjernen's last Svalbard trip! They later came out to have a word, and take some photos. They said Serenissima will depart nearer 22:00.

I finally waved goodbye to this lovely ship at 22:10. It has been a very special few days for me following her.
                      Last edited by Seagull; June 25th, 2013, 22:47. Reason: ...added latest info

Comment

Dear all (in Trondheim especially),

Ship-tour of Serenissima is possible in Trondheim on June 29th 2013, but you need to make contact immediately.

http://www.trondheimsfjorden.net/nyh...besok-for.html
                        With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
                        Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

Comment

Nice captures Bengt. Not too often nowadays that you see two of that kind together.

Comment

Beautiful photo Bengt! I like that we can se the comparison!

I am also posting photos of her when she was in Trondheim 3 days ago. Will wake up early tomorrow for seing her arrive in Trondheim again.

DSC00328 by prahatravel, on Flickr

DSC00340 by prahatravel, on Flickr

DSC00341 by prahatravel, on Flickr

DSC00349 by prahatravel, on Flickr

Comment

According to AIS, and Gaelsail's timetable at #489, Serenissima is bound for Bygstad.

Now how many times did she visit Bygstad as Harald Jarl? I'm betting zero! Does anyone know differently?
                              Deck plan geek.

Comment

SERENISSIMA IN FLÅM:
                                Serenissima at anchor in the tiny harbour of Flåm, today July 2d at 1900 hrs. She's going to stay here for 24 hours.
                                I'll be back with more photos later, but at the time this has to do. I'm rather busy.

PS: Didn't see you around, Seagull?

Regards; Sigve.
                                ---
                                IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Working...
                                X