ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Both "Jarls" have now a bow thruster, Sjøkurs (Ragnvald Jarl) has received one as well a while ago...

Comment

Dear all,

Her is a teaser for all of you to study: until I get organized and until I get to a place where I have time to edit more for you all... have lots to tell you all too, but in due time off course.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The ship looks stunning, and even more impressive in your large format photo.

Comment

Thank you very much Tommi.

She sure is an impressive ship that should be easy to fall in love with!

Here are some images from Split "the day before"...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

To everyone's speculations: the funnel and the mast is original!

Comment

One thing in the background catches my attention, Regina Della Pace. I have travelled with her back in 1980-81 when she was newly built to Viking Line as Turella.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                She sure is an impressive ship that should be easy to fall in love with!
                She totally took my breath away as I watched her come into view on the streaming webcam from Venice (so much so, I don’t quite know how my fingers managed to carry on working to capture the picture!) And now having seen pakarang’s photos I’m totally in love with her!

To everyone's speculations: the funnel and the mast is original!
                Thrilled about the funnel and mast. And I do like the Rialto bridge-like motif with the S on the logo.

Comment

Gorgeous. Stunning. Fantastic. What a ship, and what photos. I run out of words :-)

One little detail could be better. Just one detail. Imagine her name not just painted at the bow, but in classic metal letters... it would make a difference. But I really shouldn't nitpick. Such a beautiful ship :-)

Comment

In Norway, there is a lot of people with a great love for this ship.... as the Harald Jarl. But strangely, I noticed in many places where we arrived, people spoke about her as the Andrea.

Comment

Like a piece of jewelry, the Serenissima is awaiting her maiden voyage:

Comment

Serenissima at Split, Croatia, on April 4th 2013:

Comment

More details, because I know you all want them:

Comment

Evening falls:

Comment

Breathtaking photos!!!
                              I don't know anything about the owning company or concept under which she would sail, but the idea of a cruise ship is very far away for me.
                              When I see her I'd rather think about a luxary yacht not for ordinary people buying a cruise, but extencive rich people paying their way with obscene amount of money per ticket.
                              If so, that is something sad in the middle of all the happiness over the shkp itself...
                              Oh, well...., hope I'll see her in Norway though, and of course in Kristiansund some day.
                              (I will miss her by one day this year, when I will be in Ålesund 19. June and her the 20th)
                              Happy sailing!
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; April 14th, 2013, 20:25.
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

In Norway, there is a lot of people with a great love for this ship.... as the Harald Jarl. But strangely, I noticed in many places where we arrived, people spoke about her as the Andrea.
                                Perhaps not all that surprising because I vaguely recollect her sailing in the region as Andrea quite a bit (even before being laid up in Split).

Like a piece of jewelry, the Serenissima is awaiting her maiden voyage:
                                What a lovely description that is …and then in #418/4 and 5, there is this lovely elegant Lady wearing that scintillating thread of jewellery in your night images!

Comment

Working...
                                X