ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Those of you who are on Facebook have a preview from Split of the fabulous photography we have in store for us. Check it out now (…pakarang doesn’t leave “cover pictures” around for long these days.)

The ship looks so beautiful, and, yes, so serene.

I’m crying happy-tears!

Comment

Those of you who are on Facebook have a preview from Split
      On Facebook? Can't find. Where?
      Regards; Sigve.
      ---
      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
        On Facebook? Can't find. Where?
        Ah, perhaps his own page is not publicly accessible. I don’t know if the same applies to the Facebook group Hurtigrutens Venner where there is also a post. But you can be sure we will have lots to look forward to here on CaptainsVoyage in due course

The weather today in Split is perhaps not the best one could have hoped for, as there are southerly gale force winds and rain showers, though at least the temperature is reported to be comfortable 14 degrees Celsius.

Comment

I have just this moment received permission from our Captain to share his "teaser image" here with you all on CVF.

Last edited by Seagull; April 9th, 2013, 09:27.

Comment

WOOAOUW!! Such a beauty!! Ain't she sweet!!
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---

Comment

Serenissima has departed at 19:25 GMT (21:25 local time)
              Bon Voyage!

Comment

I love this photo! And her appearance... looking brand-new but luckily still very much the good old "Harald Jarl", no drastic changes externally... how many old ships have received ugly additions, but not her!

I think we have to say that the fate of Hurtigruten ships of her generation is rather better than that of most other ships of this generation. A pity it didn't turn out better for "Kong Olav", but - we have "Serenissima", "Lofoten", "Sjøkurs" (Ragnvald Jarl) and "Nordstjernen" still afloat, with Nordstjernen's immediate future not looking to bad, I think (as she will make an appearence in Flensburg in July, and then be going to Bergen according to messages in her thread here), and "Finnmarken" at least still in Stokmarknes... If you combined them all together and refitted those in need, half of Hurtigruten could be operated with "classic" ships

Comment

Originally posted by Gestumblindi View Post
                  .... If you combined them all together and refitted those in need, half of Hurtigruten could be operated with "classic" ships
                  That is indeed a lovely thought!

And on that cheerful note I’ll sign off tonight with a last look at Serenissima’s progress

MarineTraffic.com

Comment

What a photo!!!!
                    She's so beautiful, and I'm happy an old hurtigrute could be used in this way still in 2013.
                    All around they are making nails of old classic beauties like this, and here arise a swan from the ashes...., so to speak. Fantastic!
                    Bon voyage!!
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

So happy for you, Jan-Olav to be able to take this trip Can't wait to see tons of wonderful images

Comment

My virtual travels continue… Good morning Kotor!
                        Resisting the temptation to stay up all night watching ship positions pop up on Marine Traffic, I imagined the rocking motion of the ship instead, and actually had the best night’s sleep for ages!!!!!

Here’s Split to Kotor sector:

MarineTraffic.com

…and the scenic detail coming in to Kotor, Montenegro, where Serenissima has arrived at 08:22 GMT (10:22 local time)

MarineTraffic.com

Doesn’t seem to be any webcams, so here’s the weather instead!

www.accuweather.com

Comment

I imagined the rocking motion of the ship instead
                          Let's hope it's not rolling. As we have discussed earlier in this thread, Serenissima/Andrea/Harald Jarl is a great roller, and haven't had her stabilizers installed yet. In addition to his many pictures, I look forward to the Captains impressions on this item in his report.....
                          Regards; Sigve.
                          ---

Comment

Beautiful picture indeed! And it's great fun to be able to virtually follow the ship thanks to you, Seagull!
                            (I won't comment on how depressing that weather forecast is, from where I am...).
                            I hope Jan-Olav is having a wonderful time!
                            MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                            Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                            My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Good morning Dubrovnik!
                              (...no relevanet webcams...sorry!)

MarineTraffic.com

I’d watched the AIS last night until Serenissima left Kotor at 22:00 GMT which would be midnight local time.

MarineTraffic.com

Here is the latter part of the track from 02:32 GMT until arrival in Dubrovnik at 05:00GMT, 07:00 local time.

For some computer reason I didn’t get the entire track from Kontor to Dubrovnik displaying overnight, although it is showing on a program of D’s on which he’s currently looking at Fram (for reasons I may get around to explaining later…anyway I’d not unnaturally suggested Serenissima should he want to experiment displaying another extra ship!)

Comment

After Serenissima left Dubrovnik yesterday, the overnight AIS track only showed for just over an hour, up to 22:35 GMT, but (despite the destination still saying “Kotor”!) the ship should now be at the island of Korcula, seen top left on the map.

MarineTraffic.com

If you fancy a little Mediterranean sunshine – well Adriatic strictly speaking! – you can take a look at the old town walls of Korcula here.
                                Last edited by Seagull; April 8th, 2013, 08:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X