Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    Ohhhhhh.... I'm so loving the variety in your shots, but that escargot certainly got me hungry.... That is one thing I really miss eating - wehn prepared to perfection. To me, it looks like the food on board has improved over your previous voyages. Do you feel the same way?

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    What an amazing moment in time! (insert heart here!)

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    My beautiful "baby" abroad.... I can't deny I have a tiny love-affair with this ship.

• Gaelsail
    commented on 's reply
    and of course she was in Oban when I visited yesterday https://flic.kr/p/UhmRXY

• Clipper
    replied
    According to her track on MarineTraffic, Serenissima rode out a storm at anchor in the lee of Jura (in the bay off Craighouse) for some 15 hour (06:30 to 20:45 UTC, Tuesday 6th June).

It's been bad enough down here in the south of England, but up there it's been blowing a hoolie. Constant winds up to 80 kph.

They are now on their way to Oban - a place Serenissima knows well! She'll know not to move over for the Cal-Mac ferry this time.

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    replied
    Good old Harald Jarl gets everywhere these days.

Take a look at this totally unrelated BBC video about new voters in UK's forthcoming General election.

At 0:11 to 0:13 seconds and again at 0:31 to 0:34, who should be there!?!?
    Two 18-year-olds share their thoughts ahead of their first chance to vote in a general election.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    The whole report is a delight Cecilia....but this last dinner onboard...WOW! Great.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    Once again, great pictures from the places on this cruise and pictures taken on board.
    Nice to see images from a well-maintained machine room and of course the wheelhouse where I feel at home.
    Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us, Cecilia

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Wonderful story telling - as ever. Thanks so much for sharing that trip with us Cecilia.

Do you ever sleep? There seem to be photos from every hour of every day!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Day 10 – 26th April - Goodbye Serenissima

I woke to find Norwegian Star moored next to Serenissima!

After breakfast and disembarcation our excursion buses were waiting on the quay. After a fascinating morning (which included a visit to a pineapple plantation and lunch) we were checked into our hotel, directly overlooking the harbour. But Serenissima had already departed, on her way to begin a season of cruises in mainland Europe.

It might have seemed strange and perhaps sad to still be on holiday but without her, and photographing Norwegian Star, Zuiderdam, and Prinsendam from my hotel room balcony instead.
    But I had already booked to return to Serenissima in January 2017 - and that is another story!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

My main course was the Lobster Tail with Asparagus Risotto and Lemon Butter Sauce.

It is surely possible for you to guess the dessert course! - a grand finale to the evening.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

At dinner I particularly enjoyed the Baked Escargot with Garlic Bread...

...and the Salmon Rillettes with Crème Fraiche and Chives (unusually for me I seem to have chosen a second appetizer instead of the soup!)

This was followed by a Sorbet

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    As we were in port, my travel mascot Sea-Troll had been able to gain experience in the engine department safely!...

...before moving to further training in Reception!

And then it was time for the welcome preceding the Farewell Dinner. Sea-Troll looks a bit awkward - he was used to a previous Captain on both previous cruises, AND I had failed to produce a Serenissima uniform (or pack his Hurtigruten one!).

Moreover he was not the only troll/creature present at the Captain’s table that evening, so was a bit shy. This Welsh Teddy is much involved in supporting the activities of Air Training Corps cadets, and gets photographed on his travels as well as locally in Aberystwyth.
    Last edited by Seagull; May 21st, 2017, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I wouldn't have wanted anyone new to Serenissima to miss out on an engine room visit, but as there were spaces left on the list, I signed up.

Of course it wasn't quite so thrilling an experience as being underway at the time!

Not the best of photos, but I love that expression - you can see she is in good hands.

On exiting from an engine room visit it is often possible to catch a glimpse of part of the galley.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

On the bridge

A brief moment of sun

Leave a comment:

Working...
X