ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex HARALD JARL ::: ANDREA :::

As i have written "once upon a time", i am convinced, with this sum she is listed in the credit papers of the Hypo-Alpe-Adria-Bank. As long as this bank needs this sum to be in their papers (to get further own credits), she will stay there. But if someone starts to clean up among the old, open credits in the bank, there will be a quick movement and yes, i fear, the scrappers will place the quickest offers...
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
      As i have written "once upon a time", i am convinced, with this sum she is listed in the credit papers of the Hypo-Alpe-Adria-Bank. As long as this bank needs this sum to be in their papers (to get further own credits), she will stay there. But if someone starts to clean up among the old, open credits in the bank, there will be a quick movement and yes, i fear, the scrappers will place the quickest offers...
      With an asking price of USD 15 Mill. If sold for further trading another USD 3.0 Mill. is required to upgrade to SOLAS 2010. Unrealistic price for a ship of this age and size.
      Approx. scrap value; USD 1.5 Mill. There appear to be too wide gap between the two prices for any real interest, either way.

Comment

Just found this one whilst doing a major batch of scanning - Andrea at the start of her cruise career, very freshly renamed.

This was, I believe, Göteborg, 2002 or 2003 - was it actually during the refit, or was there some other work going on? Would be interested to know - it was before I started to suffer very badly from hurtigruten-itis! I apologise for quality - it's a scan of a print from a not very good camera driven by a poor photographer.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I think you are correct in thinking this is taken during her renovation to become a cruise ship.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

While we wait for news about her fate, we can enjoy this picture from her last visit to Norway, Nærøyfjorden, 2008:

Regards, photo and copyright; Sigve.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---
            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Wonderful picture, Sigve, thank you for posting.

Why are we discussing about so much different CV-yachts. Here she is, and we will also refurbish Kong Olav, because you know, our Captain needs a quarantined residence, when he wants to return to Thailand...
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Why are we discussing about so much different CV-yachts. Here she is, and we will also refurbish Kong Olav, because you know, our Captain needs a quarantined residence, when he wants to return to Thailand...
                Yes, he should have both. One for his daily use, and one standing by...!
                Regards; Sigve.
                ---

Comment

Hello All,
                  I'm new here and like to report that I have been informed yesterday by the Austrian bank Hypo-Alpe-Adria will auction - by order of the court: Commercial Court in Split (Trgovacki Sud u Splitu) - Sukoisanska 6 -21000 Split -Courtroom 7, room 206/II on December 16th at 09:00AM - the vessel has been valued at €2,7million and a local yard has submtted an offer to reclass and do SOLAS 2010 work for another €3 Million. Attached photos taken a few days ago. the Monet is also for sale at a later date. Should be interesting to see who will buy her and for what purpose? (sorry don't know how to add Photos.
                  Happy Cruising
                  Locarno
                  Last edited by Locarno; December 13th, 2011, 16:42.

Comment

Thank You and welcome! Very interesting! Keep us informed, please, will You?
                    Regards; Sigve.
                    ---

Comment

Probably I cannot sleep well before I hear the result of this auction. I fear, the highest bid comes from Alang, if nobody else will bid.

Some weeks ago someone sold a porthole from Harald Jarl on eBay and I had some fear... but no, it was removed while the rebuilding in Sweden. A member in a German forum bought it.
                      Due to the fact that I have not enough money to buy the whole ship, this would have been a very nice souvenir for me, too. The problem is the weight, 44 kg, it can be difficult to hang it on the wall. I my mind I see the headline in the newspaper: Far away from the coast a German shiplover died by an old Norwegian porthole fallen on her head.
                      Last edited by Eilun; December 13th, 2011, 23:49.

Comment

Thanks for that Locarno.

€2,7million + €3million is far more tempting than the earlier asking price (€15million if I recall correctly).

I wonder if the auction has a reserve price. If not it could be €1 + €3million to a lucky sole bidder.

Let's hope someone bites - and brings her home to Norway (via London so I can seee her).

Clipper
                        ---------------------------
                        Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                        Deck plan geek.

Comment

Originally posted by Locarno View Post
                          Hello All,
                          I'm new here and like to report that I have been informed yesterday by the Austrian bank Hypo-Alpe-Adria will auction - by order of the court: Commercial Court in Split (Trgovacki Sud u Splitu) - Sukoisanska 6 -21000 Split -Courtroom 7, room 206/II on December 16th at 09:00AM - the vessel has been valued at €2,7million and a local yard has submtted an offer to reclass and do SOLAS 2010 work for another €3 Million. Attached photos taken a few days ago. the Monet is also for sale at a later date. Should be interesting to see who will buy her and for what purpose? (sorry don't know how to add Photos.
                          Happy Cruising
                          Locarno
                          Thank you so very much for your kind information.... So glad to hear that something is happening - finally.

My only fear is that only scrappers bid for the vessel: that would be disastrous. Steel is after all, a valuable as well.

December 16th is only a day and a-half away so time is of the essence here.

PS: Would love to see your photo....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Locarno View Post
                            Hello All,
                            Happy Cruising
                            Locarno
                            Tomorrow is an important day for Harald Jarl.... a very important day, a day which might determine her future.

Comment

It's 17th December now so the auction should have been yesterday, but I can find nothing via internet search engines.

Has any news filtered through to you Locarno?

Clipper
                              ---------------------------
                              Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                              Deck plan geek.

Comment

Hello Clipper,
                                I did ask the bank to advise me of the outocme, so far nothing, maybe next week i shall post as soon as I have heard whats happening.
                                Happy Weekend
                                Locarno

Comment

Working...
                                X