X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This must be Lofoten, built 1932.

Comment

Thanks for those quick answers Svein.
      I don't know the answer myself, so we will have to wait and see if there are any concurring or dissenting posts from others, before declaring you "The Winner"!

Comment

Hey;
        The last one is definitely Lofoten. The first one I have not had time to check out.
        ---
        Regards; Sigve.
        Regards; Sigve.
        ---
        IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Can also confirm Lofoten, i think we had her recently in another puzzle. I would also support Little Svein's guess to "Kong Haakon". I compared some pictures and this should be the right solution.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

No decending posts, so Kong Haakon must be the correct answer.
            It is therefore over to Ostafjells. (or Sigve, or Ralf)

Comment

Re: Which Hurtigruten ship?

Once upon a time........etc...

Can anyone please help me??????

The issue is, that I had a discussion with a friend lately, that far back in my vague memory, I think I have seen a Hurtigrute-ship in dock in Grimstad 30-40 (??????) years ago.

Probably AFTER regular service.

In my mind, I think it could have been one of the Italian sisters. But could also have been Håkon Jarl or Nordlys.

Do we have any historical professors among us, who can help me clear up my memory?????

What ship was layed up in Grimstad for a short time???????

Comment

That is correct.... I remember that as a vague memory from my childhood summers at my relatives place near the beach in Grimstad.

At the top of my head, it was either Erling Jarl or Nordlys. My bet is on the Erling Jarl.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  ..At the top of my head, it was either Erling Jarl or Nordlys. My bet is on the Erling Jarl.
                  Check out post number 20 of this Erling Jarl-thread: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...G-JARL-of-NFDS....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post

Do we have any historical professors among us, who can help me clear up my memory?????

What ship was layed up in Grimstad for a short time???????
                    I hereby declare you as an historical professor, Captain

Thank you so much. It was "Erling Jarl". And it seems that my beloved "SØRLANDSKYSTEN" was the last part of Norway Erling Jarl saw before she was scrapped.

Thanks again for solving this.

And that also means that a laid up Erling Jarl was the very first hurtigrute-ship I EVER saw with my own eyes. I had absolutely NO knowledge of Hurtigruten those days. I just knew it was something running "up north" , called Hurtigruten.
                    I wonder how I possibly could have been THAT stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
                      I wonder how I possibly could have been THAT stupid.
                      It takes great skills to overcome.
                      Happy that you got this one solved so quickly.

Comment

Was browsing in Old Forums and came across in ''Erling Jarl under tow by Bjorn Eskild'' at page 2 the possibility that the ship at Grimstad could also have been Midnatsol.
                        There are no photos so is it possible for pakarang to place the photo referred to of ship with the star on the bow here?

Good New Year to all at CaptainsVoyage

Nordskott

Comment

Originally posted by Nordskott View Post
                          Was browsing in Old Forums and came across in ''Erling Jarl under tow by Bjorn Eskild'' at page 2 the possibility that the ship at Grimstad could also have been Midnatsol.
                          There are no photos so is it possible for pakarang to place the photo referred to of ship with the star on the bow here?

Nordskott
                          I will see if I can recover that photo... among at least some 10.000 of them.

Comment

Hurtigruten ships in norwegian harbours in the google map [or earth] satellite view is usual but in a... patagonian harbour... this is.... a funny fact [?] There is the MS Nordnorge or MS Nordkapp [??] in Puerto Chacabuco (Chile). Have a look to this google map.

Comment

Originally posted by toilapol View Post
                              Hurtigruten ships in norwegian harbours in the google map [or earth] satellite view is usual but in a... patagonian harbour... this is.... a funny fact [?] There is the MS Nordnorge or MS Nordkapp [??] in Puerto Chacabuco (Chile). Have a look to this google map.
                              Looks like it's shot just as the ship arrives there... I can still see the prop-wash behind her.

Anyone able to see if it is Nordkapp or Nordnorge?

Comment

Originally posted by Nordskott View Post
                                Nordskott
                                I previously posted pics of "Midnatsol" HERE (post #35).
                                Last edited by HARALD JARL; February 6th, 2012, 19:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X