started a topic Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

We will continue here the old thread:

Hurtigruten ASA 2007 /-8 accounts: Disappointing results

former posts can be seen here:

http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/...=asc&start=144

• pakarang
    replied
    A very Happy Birthday to Hurtigruten, may the future be filled with many more years, nautical miles, milestones and other technological advancements!

Bon Voyage into the future!

I was supposed to visit the ship today in Trondheim to enjoy a piece of cake and coffee, but arrived in port just before departure only to get a couple of pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    2. July 1893 at 8:30 AM, captain Richard With left Brattøra on board DS Vesteraalen for Hammerfest. That means Hurtigruten celebrate 125 years today, so happy birthday and may the route continue for 125 more

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Well, not a recent change of mind, although ombugge thought they had cancelled Geiranger in post Seagull away a While #450.on 27th April. But I had been checking excursions on the website and the next day (in #451) reported “I believe that in Hurtigruten-speak May is in "Spring" and June is in "Summer" - and the Geiranger detour is only in Summer".

I picked up the thick, 4 language, lavishly illustrated 165 page (!) Excursion book when I was aboard Spitsbergen. It is certainly much easier than clicking on the website! This is what happens northbound:-

Geiranger during June, July and August
    Hjørundfjord during September and October
    Ålesund longer stopover (12 noon to 15:00) in months November to May

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Looks like Hurtigruten has changed their mind and returned to Geiranger: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...sel:VESTERALEN

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    9 of the Hurtigruten ships to be converted to hybrid propulsion:
    http://www.smp.no/naeringsliv/2018/0...t-16522477.ece

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    that would have been something not too many with a Captains license can speak.
    I have met many Chinese Captains that speaks fluent Mandarin and at least one more dialect.

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...nd-havila.html

• pakarang
    replied
    I guess you all have seen the new design for the four HAVILA KYSTRUTEN ships?

Thank goodness they are nowhere like the previously issued photo of a green-coloured cattle ship.

They look great - but will the Havila Kystruten-ships also take cars? The only photo I have seen so far are from their starboard side.

Perhaps it's time for me to learn Chinese for real.... that would have been something not too many with a Captains license can speak.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    There is a long interview with Per Saevik on smp.no today, but behind a pay wall. Here is one key statement:

"In what area do you see possibility for growth"?
    "It's a huge potential in the Asian market. In China, there are around 300 million people who belong to the middle class. They can afford to travel. And they usually travel individually, not in groups. We would like to offer an option, Sævik says.
    We already has planned information in Chinese in the new Hurtigruten ships".

"The agreement with the state means that the two companies Havila Kystruten and Hurtigruten will share on departures from Bergen to Kirkenes. What if Hurtigruten is serious about starting parallel routes from Bergen"?

"If they can get a profit, it suggests that there is a gold mine waiting for us when we use our new and energy-saving vessels, on top of that receive state support to operate the same departures," says Per Sævik.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    No not easy for Havila, but for those who know, or know of, Per Saevik, if it was easy he wouldn' be interested.
    Read about the man here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_Rolf_S%C3%A6vik

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    As I understand, TF, MS & FM will do cruising round trips, starting from Bergen the same day as Havilas ships starts their coastal liner roundtrip.
    Hurtigrutens cruise route will probably skip a lot of harbours, and will probably call some new touristy harbours as well.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Vesterålen has a car deck though - Spitsbergen doesn't. Matters quite a bit to several bits of the coast, especially at this time of year (no road access to Honningsvåg, Berlevåg etc. this week.)

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Yes Bengt, I'm afraid so!

• Azimut
    commented on 's reply
    Only speculation from my side yvneac, but I'm not surprised if "Lofoten" and "Vesterålen" are phased out from 01.01.2021
Working...
X