X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the official note from www.newsweb.no:

08.11.2010 15:15

Public procurement tender for the Bergen-Kirkenes coastal service

Today, the Ministry of Transportation announced the bids for the new 8-year contract with the government - and Hurtigruten ASA was the sole bidder.

As requested in the tender documents, we bid for three different alternatives with the following amounts (all in 2011-values to be adjusted on an annual basis):
    1. Alternative 1 with daily sailings; NOK 750 million
    2. Alternative 2 with daily sailings during summer and five sailings per week during winter: NOK 730 million
    3. Alternative 3 with five sailings every week all year round: NOK 580 million

Today, we receive some NOK 380 million each year from the government. The government has reserved the right, if there was limited competition, to enter into negotiations with the sole bidder. The existing contract lasts until (at the latest), December 31, 2012, but the government is free to start the new contract sooner.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

HRG also reports a successful third quarter 2010 with an expected cruise nights record in 2010. Details can be read here:

http://www.newsweb.no/newsweb/search...ssageId=270582

Comment

One of the reasons Veolia dropped out, according to the media, was that there was no way in the world they could gather a fleet of ships within the available time frame.

With that in mind, Hurtigruten Group really has a trump card on their hand as long as they do not sell off too many of their ships (to lease them back).
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

If Veolia would have a real interest to run this line, they would have tried to take over the whole company. I think this is the cheapest way. The investment in a new fleet and organisation would be higher.

We lovers of the old ships should watch out carefully for the third option HRG mentioned forn the new contract: Running five ships per week during the whole year. I bet this planning would be without Nordstjernen and Lofoten...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            We lovers of the old ships should watch out carefully for the third option HRG mentioned forn the new contract: Running five ships per week during the whole year. I bet this planning would be without Nordstjernen and Lofoten...

I do believe the time is soon over for these ships, no matter what we say or do. They might be economical to operate, but their age is against them. As sad as it seems... I'm worried as well.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Some information in English from Maasmondmaritime:

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                I am so glad that Ralf found some information about this. I couldn’t bear to think of our HurtigruteMartin having to travel by some other means than on hurtigrute this Christmas!

Do let us know, Martin, how you eventually get on battling with the web site to find that velg button. (I must admit I haven’t risen to the challenge of trying to find it myself )

But I did wonder how much before the date of travel would be considered sufficiently “last minute” for these deals to be available?

Now I am really angry with the HRG and their website.

First of all, thank you Seagull and Ralf, for nice feedback on my question about "velgogseil".

The "velgogseil"-site is gone. And I have not been able to find any "velg"-button on the original hurtigruren-website.
                The website, by the way, is very confusing.

But now,in november/december, I found some inetersesting price-campaigns. 45% price reduction if I choose to start my travel on a Thursday, Friday or Saturtday. "Weekend-prices" they call it.

I started to press the Booking-button. And if I booked online, I was able to get the weekend-price even on Sundays and Mondays. So it was only Tuesdays and Wednesdays left with the ordenary price.

So far so good.
                I found out that my ticket-fee Bodø-Bergen would be 2.178 NOK in an inside cabin.

A few days later, I got an automatical e-mail from the HRG ( I guess I am a member of something I don`t know about). In december it was FREE to bring my car onboard.

WOW, I thougt. That was something. I started my procedure on the confusing online-booking. And pressed the "FREE CAR-button".

Now, dear friends, the price was suddenly 3.179.

Strange.

I called the booking-office. And spoke to a lady with a sort of baltic-swedish accent. She told me that FREE car was not able to combine with WEEKEND-PRICE.

So I had to choose:
                1) Weekend-ticket thursd,frid,sat,sund and monday. And pay full fee for my car
                2) Pay full price for my ticket on a tuesday or wednesday. And FREE car.

I started to argue with the baltic-swedish girl. And read my e-mail. And told her that in my language FREE means FREE. And FREE means NOTHING.
                In the HRG-language FREE obviously means 1.001 NOK

Friday I called back
                The cheapest ticket for me had now became 3.468 NOK included my car.

I said NO FORGET it. I go by plane.

I called directly to a spesific ship. They told me that FREE CAR was only an online-offer. So ordering a ticket on board will now cost me 3.618 NOK. Ticket with an inside cabin and my car.

All this confusing stuff I told a fiend who have a friend working on Hurtigruten. He aksed me to be patient and wait for today. He wanted to talk to someone.

And today I have finally booked my ticket home for Christmas. Bodø-Bergen 2.386 NOK including outside J1-cabin, 3 breakfasts and my car.

I hope the offer is still "running" when I get onboard in a few days.

Something was a lot easier that days when 2+2 was 4. (And not as much as they want it to be) (Ref to "ombugges" joke in a prev post in this thread)

My advice: Pay attention to, and be careful, with HRG`s online booking-system.

Comment

I can understand you so very well, Martin. I am also still waiting for the final booking confirmation of my Hurtigruten trip next year. It appears, that the booking ceremony takes more time than the voyage itself!! Will come over with details, when the story is finished. And yes, it has also to do with the several discounts...

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
                    My advice: Pay attention to, and be careful, with HRG`s online booking-system.
                    Sounds like your advice should include "find a friend who works there!

Truly, this sounds so much like the US Airline system. Book 3 weeks out, get one price. Book one week out, get another price.
                    When I flew to Shreveport for my birthday last September/October, I paid for my flight with points. But the regular fee would have been around $350. (I'm not going to point out that flying a further distance from Atlanta to New York is half that price....OT again)
                    Well, Alix was having a rough morning, so as I drove toward the airport I called to see if I could switch my flight from that day to the next day....basically delay the flight 24 hours. Yes, I could, but I would have to pay the difference in fare which was $900.

IF you book online directly with the airline, there's one fare. Use expedia, there's another. Use yahoo travel, there's a third. Crazy.

Back on topic.......a three day cruise for USD400? HEAVENLY!

Comment

Ralf- "the booking ceremony"---HILARIOUS!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                        Ralf- "the booking ceremony"---HILARIOUS!
                        I have this vision of presentation of Certificates like the tourists get for crossing the arctic circle, but these ones would say “I braved the Hurtigruten website and managed to book my trip online” !!!!!! – this is such an achievement that folk would surely want to frame and proudly display them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joking apart, I’m so pleased Martin finally obtained a successful outcome.

Comment

Problemer med å lese e-posten? Klikk her for å lese den på nett.

Rimeligere distansereiser med Hurtigruten
                          1. januar 2011 innførte Hurtigruten et døgnpris- system for distansereiser. Dette gjør bestilling og beregning av pris lettere, og ikke minst gjør det reisene rimeligere.

Vi opererer nå med en døgnpris fra kr. 740,- pr. person pr døgn. Prisen inkluderer reisebillett og lugar!
                          Les mer om distansepriser her »

Hurtigruten spiller inn ny reklamefilm

Neste uke vil det være hektisk aktivitet i fjæra utenfor Ålesund. Dette er nemlig åstedet for innspillingen av en ny reklamefilm for Hurtigruten. Med selveste Bjørn Sundquist i hovedrollen. Vi tror dette kommer til å bli en flott film som vi håper vil gi et lite innblikk i hurtigrutens rolle gjennom tidene - helt fram til våre dager. Filmen skal være på "lufta" 24. januar.

Tips en venn
                          Ikke reise på tur alene. Tips en venn om de nye distanseprisene til Hurtigruten.
                          Kontakt oss
                          E-post: booking@hurtigruten.com
                          tlf: 810 03 030

Du mottar e-posten fordi du har reist med Hurtigruten eller du har registrert deg på hurtigruten.no. Hvis du i fremtiden ikke ønsker å motta slike e-poster, vennligst klikk her.

Se Hurtigruten.no for reisebetingelser og retningslinjer for personvern.

Hurtigruten ASA | Besøksadresse: Havnegata 2, Postboks 43, 8514 Narvik | Booking: +47 810 03 030| Telefon: +47 76 96 76 00 | Telefax: +47 76 96 76 01

I don`t know if this link to Hurtigruten is readable. But after discussing prices, discounts and lack of discounts, I got an e-mail from HRG.

1st January 2011 a very new and easyer price-system starts at Hurtigruren for port-to-port tickets.

Please read this on the official web-site.

Comment

Here is a link to an article in the norwegian newspaper "Aftenposten". With a discription of the new and "revolutionary" price-system

http://www.aftenposten.no/reise/nyhe...cle3982205.ece

Port-to-port prices is cut 10-50 %.

Comment

And here is the link to Hurtigrutens official web-site (norwegian language)

http://www.hurtigruten.no/no/Norge/R...lom-to-havner/

Comment

So if the cheap tickets include cabin, I wonder if they are trying to discourage the sleeping in the lounge tradition? And the categories of cabin seem to be they are trying to fill up lots of empty suites.
                                Can’t immediately find equivalent webpage in Global /English versions, perhaps because they don’t see it as “breaking news” to foreigners….there always seems to have been a hiding away of the whole concept of “distance travel” from the English.

Comment

Working...
                                X