Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Hurtigruten changes it's routes and includes a stop at Hjørundfjord, one of the world's finest fjords, as a regular stop in the future:

    http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/morero...cle6619373.ece
    Will it be a stop that replaces Geiranger, or an added stop in the fall after Geiranger has stopped? (or just added to the regular route? I suppose it can't be done all year round). I can't understand the article (the automatic translation is scary ).
    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
    Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

    Comment


      Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

      Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
      Will it be a stop that replaces Geiranger, or an added stop in the fall after Geiranger has stopped? (or just added to the regular route? I suppose it can't be done all year round). I can't understand the article (the automatic translation is scary ).
      According to the Hurtirgruten website:

      Etter en vellykket test på 11 avganger høsten 2012 er det besluttet at ”Verdens vakreste sjøreise” skal besøke det mange mener er ”verdens vakreste fjord” på fast basis hver høst fra 2013. Hjørundfjorden blir en unik destinasjon knyttet til Hurtigrutens høstkonsept «Autumn Gold», og besøkes i perioden 1. september til 31. oktober 2013.

      After a successful test on 11 departures in autumn 2012 it has been decided that the "world's most beautiful voyage" will visit what many consider to be "the world's most beautiful fjord' on a permanent basis every autumn from 2013. Hjørundfjord will be a unique destination connected to Hurtigruten's autumn concept "autumn gold" and will be visited in the period from 1st September to 31st October 2013.

      (Apologies to the Scandis for poor translation!)
      Last edited by PoloUK; November 6th, 2012, 23:11.
      Cheers,

      Mark.

      www.pologlover.co.uk

      Comment


        Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

        Thank you Mark! This makes the autumn trip even more tempting.
        MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
        Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
        My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

        Comment


          Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

          Good to know. Something new in the traditional route is good way of getting repeating cutomers to repeat even more ...!

          Comment


            Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

            Erotic crime-drama being filmed on Hurtigruten??

            http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/06/27/t...erie/22310850/
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

            Comment


              Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

              Bad weather in Trondheim today:

              http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondh...cle6625353.ece
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

              Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

              Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

              Comment


                Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                According to the Hurtirgruten website:

                Etter en vellykket test på 11 avganger høsten 2012 er det besluttet at ”Verdens vakreste sjøreise” skal besøke det mange mener er ”verdens vakreste fjord” på fast basis hver høst fra 2013. Hjørundfjorden blir en unik destinasjon knyttet til Hurtigrutens høstkonsept «Autumn Gold», og besøkes i perioden 1. september til 31. oktober 2013.

                After a successful test on 11 departures in autumn 2012 it has been decided that the "world's most beautiful voyage" will visit what many consider to be "the world's most beautiful fjord' on a permanent basis every autumn from 2013. Hjørundfjord will be a unique destination connected to Hurtigruten's autumn concept "autumn gold" and will be visited in the period from 1st September to 31st October 2013.

                (Apologies to the Scandis for poor translation!)
                Apologies for what. Perfect translation (Said by one who doesn't write in Norwegian at all)

                Good choice by Hurtigruten, but they need to expand the possibilities offered, not just sit a anchor for three hours.

                Comment


                  Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                  I see this offer as a great possibility for a fjord cruise with a hurtigrute.

                  We who lives in Kristiansund, to use us as an example, can jump out of bed and prepare ourselves so that we can take the 06:45 ferry from Molde to Vestnes.
                  That should give us enough time to get to Ålesund, park, and get on board the hurtigrutens 09:30 departure to Hjørundfjord.

                  The distance of 30 NM mean we will reach the destination around 11:30, and as the Hurtigruten ASA say the ship will return at 15:00 hours, it should give a few hours to walk around or participate in activity set by Hurtigruten.
                  Union Hotel Øye is also rolled into the package, and should be a very nice place to get something to eat.

                  At 15:00 the hurtigrute leave for Ålesund again, where she will dock at around 17:00.
                  Then there's a 2,5 to 3 hours drive home to Kristiansund.

                  I see this as a perfect day if there are nice autumn colours and nice weather.

                  (Of course, they haven't mentioned the price yet)
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                  Comment


                    Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    I see this offer as a great possibility for a fjord cruise with a hurtigrute.

                    We who lives in Kristiansund, to use us as an example, can jump out of bed and prepare ourselves so that we can take the 06:45 ferry from Molde to Vestnes.
                    That should give us enough time to get to Ålesund, park, and get on board the hurtigrutens 09:30 departure to Hjørundfjord.

                    The distance of 30 NM mean we will reach the destination around 11:30, and as the Hurtigruten ASA say the ship will return at 15:00 hours, it should give a few hours to walk around or participate in activity set by Hurtigruten.
                    Union Hotel Øye is also rolled into the package, and should be a very nice place to get something to eat.

                    At 15:00 the hurtigrute leave for Ålesund again, where she will dock at around 17:00.
                    Then there's a 2,5 to 3 hours drive home to Kristiansund.

                    I see this as a perfect day if there are nice autumn colours and nice weather.

                    (Of course, they haven't mentioned the price yet)
                    I like that... and I do agree with you on the nice deal there! A fjord mini-cruise for locals!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

                    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                    Comment


                      Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                      Because of this ( http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/okonom...cle6632555.ece ), and EFTA-court-ruling, the results for Hurtigruten is turning bad (again).

                      Running this coastal service is not an easy task in the world of economics, I think.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

                      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                      Comment


                        Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                        Why should a European court care what we do here in Norway with a way of transportation along our coast since 1893....? WHY?

                        Yes, I know, EFTA, EU, free market, equal competition and all that.
                        That is uninteresting to me, because even if we were members of EU, Norway could never rule over something so special in any other country.

                        I hope Norway stay away from EU and never dare to file another application for membership.

                        Look at Europa now, and their fu**ed up economic situation. What do you all think if they got hold of Norways oil and gas resourses...?

                        That is a straight forward horror scenario to me.
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                        Comment


                          Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                          Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          Why should a European court care what we do here in Norway with a way of transportation along our coast since 1893....?
                          I'd been wondering that too...

                          Comment


                            Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                            Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            I hope Norway stay away from EU and never dare to file another application for membership.
                            Amen! And a couple of extra words to fill the minimum quota for a post.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

                            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                            Comment


                              Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                              Here is an article on smp.no in regards to Hurtigruten's autumn visits to Urke in Hjorundfjorden: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article6618761.ece

                              The local grocery shop at Urke is also benefitting from the visits:
                              http://www.morenytt.no/nyheiter/article5521965.ece

                              What is a drawback is the lack of a wharf big enough to take the ships alongside.
                              Placing a barge along the wharf + a couple of large bollards on either side of the wharf would probably be sufficient to allow the ships to moor safely.

                              Alternatively, a floating "walkway" which can be pulled alongside after the ships has moored up stern towards the wharf with one or both anchors out.
                              This will also require some good bollards and a boat to handle lines and towing the "gangway".

                              Comment


                                Re: Hurtigruten ASA - news and comments

                                Thanks ombugge for those two interesting articles and your ideas on how to get the guests ashore. I like your idea of a floating gangway.

                                Here is the "other southern part of the Hurtigruten" also with a new offering: sleeping in tents on the snow of Antarctica:

                                http://reise.adressa.no/reise/article36282.ece
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

                                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X