Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking on the above link now brings up an updated report; the search was called off Friday afternoon.

Comment

we went this morning to IJmuiden/Amsterdam to see the EURODAM and the MSC OPERA,when we arived we seen a big vessel .but to dark to see at that time which one

but when we went back for the msc vessel it was later and not so dark enymore, i reconnaise the vessel from CV,the "yeoman bontrup"

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
            but when we went back for the msc vessel it was later and not so dark enymore, i reconnaise the vessel from CV,the "yeoman bontrup"
            Good photos, much clearer pictures of the damage than I'd seen and it's interesting to see that the lifeboat and rafts look remarkable unscathed. I wondered where the ship had gone.
            Last edited by Gaelsail; August 7th, 2010, 14:20.

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                      Good photos, much clearer pictures of the damage than I'd seen and it's interesting to see that the lifeboat and rafts look remarkable unscathed. I wondered where the ship had gone.
                      about the lifeboats i wunthering that to,with that heat they dont even seen burnt.

i´ve seen/read somewhere that she was towed to Amsterdam,but she lays in IJmuiden outside the locks
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Great photos thijs, thanks for sharing. I can`t help wondering about the lifeboats and rafts, they are not even smoke stained/damged.

Comment

Fantastic photos, many many thanks for showing these thijs. You can really see the damage now, wow, i did not realise that the fire had spread so far, no wonder at the time there concerns for her sinking. Amazing that a simple conveyor belt fire can spread like that, i can only assume that many fire and bulkhead doors must have been open. I am also surprised to see what looks like explosion damage at the stern, i wonder if that was where the propane bottles were stored?

I shall keep my eye on the MAIB website for the report into this accident, i shall be very interested to find out what happened.
                          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

whats wundering me is why is the conveyer housing burnt,the funnel burnt,but the superstructure hardly burnt.
                            oke there is a burndamage,but when you look how hard those have burnt and just a slightly burnt structure,why issn´t everything burnt at the stern
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

from the other side now, there where people on board now, windows are closed up and they build a scaffold?? behind the funnel

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X