Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yacht GRACE of Rotterdam

Yacht GRACE of Rotterdam

As mentioned by our very observant Sterkoder, the most wonderful looking yacht by the name of GRACE visited Trondheim today.

I also spotted this yacht in the waters off Bodø a few weeks ago, but being on duty, I could not find the time to photograph her.

Here are two photographs I took of this yacht this morning in Trondheim. She is registered in Rotterdam and is a fantastically looking vessel: very well cared for and all details have a historical whim of them: from the railing, to the decklights and all other fittings.

If anyone sits on more information about this vessel, I'd love to hear from you in additional posts.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

She has a web site here:
    http://www.mvgrace.com/

Comment

Great, Jan-Olav!!!

Quiz: Guess what's not compatible with the interest shipspotting and photography?

I'm temted to tell you right away, but let this be a little competition through the evening.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Unfortunately I only found som very BAD spotplaces to catch GRACE in Bodø. But at least I got her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          Quiz: Guess what's not compatible with the interest shipspotting and photography?
          Certainly a great looking yacht, classical yet so modern.

For your quiz, I have absolutely no idea... (maybe because I'm on the slow side today... ).

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

My first thoughts are either fog or messing around with some gorgeous blonde in the middle of the day....

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              E's back...so all together now..."She's so.....PRETTY!"

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Certainly a great looking yacht, classical yet so modern.

For your quiz, I have absolutely no idea... (maybe because I'm on the slow side today... ).
                Drove to Verdal thursday evening, meaning I had to drive through Trondheim...., so the answer to my little quiz is:

A fiancé and daughter TOTALLY not interested in shipspotting, and "Grace" being docked a 10 minute drive outside our pre-planned route from Kristiansund to Verdal!

Comment

Drove to Verdal thursday evening, meaning I had to drive through Trondheim...., so the answer to my little quiz is:

A fiancé and daughter TOTALLY not interested in shipspotting, and "Grace" being docked a 10 minute drive outside our pre-planned route from Kristiansund to Verdal!
                  Ok, I first read "fiance" as "fiancee" and I went ...but I must assume that you mean daughter and daughter's fiance???

If this is the case, shame on him for not sucking up to you more and insisting on seeing Grace.....

Personally, I like my excuses better..............

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                    Ok, I first read "fiance" as "fiancee" and I went ...but I must assume that you mean daughter and daughter's fiance???

If this is the case, shame on him for not sucking up to you more and insisting on seeing Grace.....

Personally, I like my excuses better..............
                    Well, let's see here....: I'm 46, my fiancee is 41 and we have a daughter of 10. That's the way it is..., you see....
                    That should make a family of three, where a fiancee and a daughter don't care much about shipspotting.
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; August 1st, 2009, 22:20.

Comment

Well, let's see here....: I'm 46, my fiancee is 41 and we have a daughter of 10. That's the way it is..., you see....
                      That should make a family of three, where a fiancee and a daughter don't care much about shipspotting.
                      Why Svein, you old devil!!!!

I remember you mentioning your daughter, but had no idea about her age......and since you seem to bounce all over the place all by yourself...well, the queen of assumptions just ASSUMED..... Well, now, we won't be looking for fiances for your daughter for a good long while...or for you, as you seem to have found one you like already....

Seems like a nice, neat package.

Oh, but hold onto your hat...the next few years are gonna rock your world, daddy.............................

Comment

Oh, but hold onto your hat...the next few years are gonna rock your world, daddy.............................
                        I know. My creditcards are experiencing meltdown already.....

Comment

I know. My creditcards are experiencing meltdown already.....
                          oh, my dear, my dear....I'm not talking credit cards...wait until BOYS and HORMONES really kick in...and YES, "tseira" I am talking about YOU!!!

Sterkoder..you will always have a shoulder to cry upon with me.

My suggestion is to try to make it a two-out-of-three case...either get your daughter interested in some angle of ships, or take your fiancee by the hand and take up Ralf's suggestion to HurtigruteMartin.......

Oh, the off-topic queen is BACK..............

Comment

About the yacht "Grace" further up the page here:
                            Wonder if she's rebuilt...?

Watched the last programme on NRK called "Der fartøy flyte kan" (episode 8:8) where a large part was dedicated to talk about "Grace" and being on board. On that programme she had a straight vertical bow as on old time steamers, while today she has a forward pointing bow with a spear, just like a huge sailship.
                            Link to the programme: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/258078
                            ("Grace" is 12 minutes 50 seconds out in the link, approx.)

Well worth a look is also the old rebuilt yacht once belonged to the former norwegian Prime Minister Christian Michelsen, Yacht "Faun".
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; August 13th, 2009, 21:59.

Comment

About the yacht "Grace" further up the page here:
                              Wonder if she's rebuilt...?

Watched the last programme on NRK called "Der fartøy flyte kan" (episode 8:8) where a large part was dedicated to talk about "Grace" and being on board. On that programme she had a straight vertical bow as on old time steamers, while today she has a forward pointing bow with a spear, just like a huge sailship.
                              Link to the programme: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/258078
                              ("Grace" is 12 minutes 50 seconds out in the link, approx.)

Well worth a look is also the old rebuilt yacht once belonged to the former norwegian Prime Minister Christian Michelsen, Yacht "Faun".
                              Great observation... you certainly have good detective eyes. Ever thought of becoming a private investigator or a spy (maybe you are, but you can't tell us, because then you would have to kill us... ).

The bow is most certainly rebuilt as you can see. No idea when.

Comment

Working...
                              X