• best regards Thijs

Comment

• best regards Thijs

Comment

• ''alp centre'' moored in Rotterdam

​she is the former Harms tug ''orcus''

best regards Thijs

Comment

• OK then. What are the two tugs doing, pushing at each end of the Magsenger 3 in #1383? Trying to stop her going anywhere because she can't remember where she put the anchor?
            And what's happening in the background in #1382. Let's have some detail, man.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think they are pushing at all, just passing their lines to the vessel.
              What you see in the background is the newbuilt J/U Accommodation unit Crossway Eagle: http://www.dallasnews.com/business/b...t-in-north-sea
              She is heading to her first assignment for Maersk Oil in Danish sector. The tug towing her is not seen in the picture.
              The two tugs shown are assisting until open waters.

• Thank you very much, Ombugge for your explanations. Would the Magsender be anchored while they were doing that? Also. what is the sloping contraption at her stern, similarly on the Orcus above, and finally the long "toothed" pole on the Alp Centre, as the Orcus is now? I think it is on the tug and not part of the site behind, I can't quite see clearly. Questions, questions!
            I think the rig in #1382 is the one that Thijs showed at #1375.2
            Ivy

Comment

• Quistions Quistions Quistions. The magsender arrives from see. For discharging her cargo.the tug assisto g to the quay because she is not that manoivrebale. So the tugs are the extra trhusters. The construction on her stern is a lauch sloop for the life boat. Which is in it. On the orcus is a crane for like diving adivises or underwater robots to let in and out the water. Bit it is removed now on tha alp. The toothy mast is something behind her on the quay The rig is another one. Images will come.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
                ombugge commented
                Editing a comment
                The Orcus is seen with her A-Frame installed. Here from her specs.:
                Optional equipment includes an electro-hydraulic portable A-frame. It is operated with external power pack and has a SWL of 150t.
                This is used to lift heavy equipment on/off the deck using the Work drum on the main winch. Such equipment can be trenching plough, or equipment to be permanently installed on the seabed.

ROVs and Diving Bells are normally launched by special Launching and Recovery System (LARS) which is either portable or permanently installed on the vessel. The Orcus does not appear to have any installed here.
                Small "eyeball" ROVs can be launched by the small deck cranes seen amidships. (2 x 4 m.t @ 12 m. outreach)

• The rig seen in 1375/76 is the J/U Drilling rig Prospectus I as mentioned in the text.As you can see it has a Drilling Derrick, is painted gray and has a very different Superstructure.

The one seen 1382 is an Accommodation Unit with a large crane installed on the Cantilever. No Derrick and with red hull.

She was built at DSIC Offshore in Dalian China. Seen here at the building yard:

She was transported from Dalian, China to Rotterdam on the HLV Trustee:

And has been preparing for her first assignment at Franklin Offshore. (Singaporean owned and operated company)
              Seen here alongside their wharf at their yard in Rotterdam:

She is now in place at the DAN-B Field in Danish sector of the North Sea:

Both the building yard and the HLV has been featured on CVF before. Thijs has to cover the Rotterdam bit.

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                you will know this Ombugge,
                ;why is in many cases 1 leg complete red/white painted?
                marks the ''bow'?

• ombugge
                ombugge commented
                Editing a comment
                It is close to the Helideck.

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                For more visability for the chopper pilots.?

• Many thanks to you both, Ombugge and Thijs, for your very helpful explanations and the extra pics. It was good to see the photos of tugs actually at work, it fills in the picture for me.
              Ivy

Comment

• i have seen her on the ''trustee'' i have seen her at the Franklin offshore yard (wich is the former RDM yard ,which is the yard where the ss ''Rotterdam'' is build) both no images of.
                so the only rotterdam bit is between the lining pole and the musrooms poles at the gate of Rotterdam.

those images will come,but probally not today, it's modelcar fair today,and i want to send the new ''janihudi'' owner some images of her.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• okay,here is the rotterdam bit of the towing of the ''crossway eagle''

​the seagooing tug ''Union bear'' is gooing out with the ''crossway eagle''

best regards Thijs

Comment

• best regards Thijs

Comment

• the tugs ''smit cheetah'' and ''smit elbe'' as steering and breaking tugs

best regards Thijs

Comment

• best regards Thijs

Comment

• best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                          X