• Show
Clear All

oh,there was another tug too the ''sd salvor'',who cares about them

best regards Thijs

Comment

this is gooing to be the new logo.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Awesome "tug in action" images.... looks indeed like they played around quite a bit.

I think playing with the ship like this is in fact a good thing, because it makes the operators so much more confident in the ships response when you really need to know how she reacts.

I do "play around" sometimes with my ship too, and I know I feel much more confident on the days when the weather goes bad.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

i ''did'' do it,with the truck in the time i had manual gearboxes,with those automatic gearboxes,isn't much to play with.
          ​but i did it only with a seperate truck,not with the trailer.
          when i was young,so 5 years ago, i also did it with my car ,on parking places or there were are no cars,and indeed you learn yourself about controle of your car.
          now i'm older and susposed to be wiser (wich didn't work) i don't do it anymore. (often)

i want to try on a nice Sunday morning to make an apointment that if they sail that day,that they show things with the tug and i can make images of it from the waterside
          best regards Thijs

Comment

MULTRATUG 28 9668037 at Texel Roads.

Comment

to contineu the big 7,the design of the wijsmuller tugs ''tempest ''and ''typhoon'' most be good,
              years later and stil sail the tug ''port said'' build 2007

best regards Thijs

Comment

the ''smit houston''

best regards Thijs

Comment

sold for a symbolic price to Greenpeace,and renamed ''solo''.
                  ​the she was sold for a symbolic price mean also that Smit take her back when there was a vessel in need at the northsea,​so everything of the towing eqiupment had to stay on board.
                  later when that deal was over,greenpaece make some alterations and removed the towing installations​

best regards Thijs

Comment

later the dutch goverment wanted a strong tug as coastgard for when a drilling rig or vessel was in need ,
                    ​the companies smit,wijsmuller and itc went into a partnership and the company became swi.
                    they bought the ''solo'' back placed her towing eqiupments back and her name became ''waker''
                    after 5 years itc steped out of the partnership and Smit and Wijsmuller went further,
                    the new company was SmitWijs Waker B.V
                    under management of Smit and with a crew from Wijsmuller

best regards Thijs

Comment

in 2006 Smit sold there 50% to svitser Wijsmuller and the tug became of Svitser for 100%

(other funnel logo)

best regards Thijs

Comment

in september 2009 she got a engine fire and was demolished near rotterdam

​the ''smit houston'' was never at the big 7,never in the club of Smitwijs,
                        so the big 7 was the big 6.
                        never the less 3 of 7 are scrapped
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

the ''smit new york'' ,the same type than the ''smit houston''

​in her new livery but stil as the ''smit new york'',she would be the last smit tug wich should be renamed with the ''smitwijs'' in front

best regards Thijs

Comment

at last her name was changed,the ''smitwijs new york''

​sold to the china, renamed ''hu an''

best regards Thijs

Comment

sold to Taiwan,new name ''salvage titan''

​so we seen 4 of 7 tugs ,and still alive, 4 tugs,3 scrapped
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

the youngest of the 3 sisters the ''smit singapore'' not identical at the other 2,but the biggest difference, her anchor handling stern

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X