Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two old tugs owned by a local owner (Frei Tug Service AS) still going strong in Kristiansund, the inner one OSKAR from 1952 and outer KAR originally from 1890, but understandably with later rebuilts and modernisations performed
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

A 874 LINGE allongside at Den Helder harbour.

Comment

MULTRATUG 28 9668037 ASD 2810 Hybrid at DAMEN shipyard Den Helder.
        Last edited by Jack Mulder; February 25th, 2016, 13:18.

Comment

A 871 NOORDZEE 9668037 Damen ASD 2810 Hybrid build by Damen Shipyards Galati in Romania.
          The Royal Netherlands Navy ordered 3 new tugs by Damen te replace the LINGE class tugs.
          The new tugs will be A 871 NOORDZEE, A 872 WADDENZEE and A 873 ZUIDERZEE.

The LINGE class consist of five ships the A 874 LINGE, A 875 REGGE, A 876 HUNZE, A 877 ROTTE and A 878 GOUWE. Only the GOUWE will continue in service off the Royal Netherlands Navy and the other four are sold to MTS to be operated in the UK.

A 878 GOUWE who survives in the port of Den helder.

Comment

IVERO 8108377 at shipyard DAMEN BV at Den Helder.

Comment

DINTEL upstream on river Waal.

Comment

IJSLAND 02309470 en route at the river IJssel with a ferry in tow.

Comment

IJSLAND 02309470 solo sailing upstream at the river IJssel.

Comment

GUARDIAN 9437363 heading for the Northsea.

Comment

2 vessels i idolized ,and both gone.

best regards Thijs

Comment

What was special for you about the Smit Wijs, Thijs?
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Smit and Wijsmuller 2 Dutch competitive companies in ocean towing and salvage ,went merge to stay strong
                          ​but only the ocean towing parts of them merge,.
                          Wijsmuller core busniss ,the haevy transport went merge with another company and sails now under the name Dockwise,

the ocean towing went further under the name Smit Wijs,and was later sold to Svitser

but smit leading company in towing,the strongest tugs ,''smit rotterdam'' later ''smit wijs rotterdam'' and under the svitser flag ''rotterdam''

the trio ''rotterdam'', ''london'' and ''singapore'' though not in amount of hp was seen as the strongest tugs in the world.
                          there were stronger tugs,but they where in use for coastal protektion when a vessel was in problems.the smit tugs were disigned for ocean towing.

so why the intrest?

Smit,strongest tugs ,Dutch ,''Hollands Glory'' (or what is left of it, Smit is nothing anymore,just some salvage,and harbour towing,and probaly a dead end.
                          the owner now Boskalis Westminster don't even advertise with Smit as one of there brands)

and as you know me by now every thing that is big ,strong,massive ,and as possable Dutch, got my intrest

best regards Thijs

Comment

just read it on Facebook the merge between Smit and kotug (the red tugs) wil work under the name Kotug Smit Towing.
                          Smit as second in name,within a few years there wil be no Smit anymore,worldleading and worldfamous,thanks to Boskalis Westminster it's nothing more than a rowingboat club
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                          and as you know me by now every thing that is big ,strong,massive ,and as possable Dutch, got my intrest
                          Oh, Well I know it! You went nuts over seeing the Dockwise Vanguard.
                          But I can understand the feeling. It was only when I first started looking at Ombugge's many images of the HLC's several years ago, a new field for me, and how they were used, that I became impressed and very interested. And that feeling was reinforced when you took me to see the HLC Fjord at Waalhaven in 2014. I loved it.
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

this where it's al about,''HOLLANDS GLORY''

''​the ''smitwijs rotterdam'

'

the ''smit singapore''

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X