X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World's TUGBOATS

Originally posted by antias View Post
    Long time not seen. :-D Thijs, some years ago as Mutratug-4 was Wulf-7 i was on board and the crew expained the ship from mast to keel. We were allowed to take pictures all over the ship. A friend of mine makes a wonderful model then.

Thank you.

Matthias
    images about that time Matthias and from the model?

thank you for this answer Ombugge.
    i ask it because like the ''blizzard'',had i placed in the tug or offshore thread.
    but i have to look as; no loading deck is a real tug,and whit ''some''loading deck is offshore?
    to keep it easy.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I didn't ask the question, Ombugge, not knowing any better, anyway, but I've read your post above with interest. Somewhere I met up with an AHT on one of the threads and just want to confirm now that they literally carry the other ships' anchors and also get up close and drop/weigh anchor for them.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ah, Thijs, I see Anglian Monarch and Anglian Earl are both Lowestoft boats.
        Ivy

Comment

My friend saw the Wulf 7 in Cuxhaven one day and said, ok, that is my new project. :-D So we contacted the owner to get the yard drawings. At the time of the visit, my friend had made a Voith-Schneider Propellor from a modellers drawing from Voith. He presented the working Propellor to the owner and the crew. That moment the ice was broken and we could get on board to go where ever we want and take photo´s. Total we made about 600 photo´s. Ok, here are some of mine.

There is the Model Voit-Schneider Prop on the base of the spare towing hook.

looking aft on the waterfall winch.

Looking to bow
          Last edited by antias; March 24th, 2013, 23:53.

Comment

Top of the real Voith-Schneider Prop on starboard.

My video of the Wulf 7 arriving Cuxhaven. Note tat she arrives backwards. The Skipper say´s, she runs better backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCx9_il-_yU

The Model is made in 1/33 scale.

Video of the yard trials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmrs3iycjc

The report of building the model is her: --> http://www.schiffsmodell.net/showthread.php?t=37961
            i hope you can see the pictures if you are not signed in.

The real Wulf 7 is renamed to Multratug 4 in 2011.

Thanks Thijs
            Last edited by antias; March 24th, 2013, 23:54.

Comment

Fantastic stuff - Voith Schneider propellers too!! The ferries that run between Southampton and the Isle of Wight (Red Osprey, Red Falcon, Red Eagle) have V-S units on them - amazing bit of kit for ridiculously tight manoeuvring - remarkable that you and your friend have managed to model them.
              Last edited by PoloUK; March 25th, 2013, 00:21.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thx Mark. There is a drawing for a model VSP dirctly from Voith but only given from modeller to modeller. My friend works in metal industry. So he has the right persons at his side if he is unable to make a part himself.

A nice pdf from Voith. http://www.voithturbo.com/applicatio..._propeller.pdf

After the 7 is ready now, he started with the norwegian Haabull. http://www.schiffbilder.de/1024/die-...lf-4-19157.jpg

Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                  I didn't ask the question, Ombugge, not knowing any better, anyway, but I've read your post above with interest. Somewhere I met up with an AHT on one of the threads and just want to confirm now that they literally carry the other ships' anchors and also get up close and drop/weigh anchor for them.
                  Anchor handling is not normally carried out to assist ships that carries only two anchors, of which only one is used at a time in normal situations.
                  AHTs assist in setting and retrieving anchors for Rigs and Barges using spread mooring for station keeping. (4, 8 or up to 12 anchors are used)
                  I have posted pictures of anchor handling operations in progress somewhere on CVF earlier. (Maybe in the Marine Operations thread?)

Comment

Originally posted by esk1ld View Post
                    "Ruggen" moored in Austevoll, Norway.

Is this the worlds oldest tug???
                    Built 1874 according to records: http://www.tugboatlars.se/Mellos.htm

PS> By the way, what happened to Lars, built 1893??
                    Last edited by ombugge; March 28th, 2013, 12:54. Reason: Add PS

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                      Anchor handling is not normally carried out to assist ships that carries only two anchors, of which only one is used at a time in normal situations.
                      AHTs assist in setting and retrieving anchors for Rigs and Barges using spread mooring for station keeping. (4, 8 or up to 12 anchors are used)
                      I have posted pictures of anchor handling operations in progress somewhere on CVF earlier. (Maybe in the Marine Operations thread?)
                      Many thanks, Ombugge.
                      Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                        PS> By the way, what happened to Lars, built 1893??
                        Sold from BB to Fredrikstad and the company Borg Maritime AS in april 2010, renamed "Borg Viking". Both the company and vessel sold (again) to Tromsø in august 2011, still named "Borg Viking". And still performing towing duties in the northern coast of Norway

Just before it was sold in 2010, this video was made ​​by TVVest in Stavanger:
                        Regards,
                        Eskild
                        Master Mariner

Comment

Nice to see Lars again. Also nice that she is still working at 120 years of age.
                          It still makes Ruggen the oldest active tug in Norway, if not in the WORLD!!!
                          Any better????

Comment

"Smit Buffalo" departured Mekjarvik with some barges on tow this morning.

Regards,
                            Eskild
                            Master Mariner

Comment

"Smit Buffalo" with tow.

Regards,
                              Eskild
                              Master Mariner

Comment

Hi Eskild,
                                nice pictures. Do you know if they actually towing those barges all the way down to the Netherlands or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X