X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's TUGBOATS

Glad to have a place where you can add pictures of tugboats from around the world!

Here are some pictures

T/B "Chanko" on tour to Sandnessjoen

T/B "Chief" has just come to Sandnessjoen

Last edited by Joakim; July 8th, 2009, 15:30.
    Regards from Joakim Bonsaksen

I know I will be watching this thread constantly. I do not think there can be too many tug boat pictures.

Comment

I will be contributing to this site with pics of tugs, new and old, big and small.
      It will take some time though as I have to dig through a lot of stuff to find something that may be interesting for CV members, not just details showing rusty tanks or faulty equipment.

Comment

If you have any pictures of tugs out of the water or in dry dock I would love to see them.

Comment

T/B "Toranes"

Comment

Harbour Tugs & Tug in dock

Here is a couple of modern Harbour Tugs, known as "Tractors". This type assist ships during berthing and un-berthing by pushing or pulling as requested by the Pilot.

Speed and pull force is about the same whether going ahead or astern and they are frequently seen steaming between jobs "arse end first" as is seen here:

A bit closer look at one such tug, standing by to assist in berthing a Tanker at Pulau Bukom Refinery:

Sorry about the grainy images but these pics were taken with my small "work camera" using electronic zoom.

Here is the latest Harbour Tug working in the Port of Singapore, Star Admiral, 5,630 Bhp/ 70 t. BP. Built by Choy Lee in China, delivered earlier this year.

This pic was taken from PSA Marine web site: http://www.psamarine.com/images/pdfs/25_STARADMIRAL.pdf

Pilotdane, you asked about tugs in dock. Well, here is a very good example of a typical 2,400 Bhp Towing Tug of the type widely used around S.E.Asia to tow barges etc. Basic design and equipment, but efficient and adequate for the purpose:

More tug pics to come.

Comment

Thank you for the great photographs.

What I would give to spend a day on a working tug. Of all the ships/boats I have spent time around. I have never been on a tug.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                Thank you for the great photographs.

What I would give to spend a day on a working tug. Of all the ships/boats I have spent time around. I have never been on a tug.
                Name your price. I could probably get you a day and a night on a working tug in Singapore, but you have to get here by yourself.

As for me, I only go on tugs if I'm paid for it, and then only for a short visit.

I'll dig up some more Tug pics when time permits.

Comment

Posted earlier but here it goes again, Boa Hårek, April 13th 2009:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Tugboat belonging to the harbour authority of Trondheim, on the seas today: Munkholmen II:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

T/B "Tambur" In Sandnessjøen

Comment

"Nautilus Mammut" towing a barge up to Hammerfest last of july.

Best wishes from
                        Bengt Domben

Comment

Nautilu Mamut is a great tugboats. The barge is called Nautilus Maxi

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                            If you have any pictures of tugs out of the water or in dry dock I would love to see them.
                            I guess it's been a long day after very little sleep....but I was scrolling down looking for the new post, and suddenly thought to myself... "this thread could be relabeled "Pilot Dane's Tugboat PØRN" (take THAT, you filters...)and I caught a glimpse of Dane's comment and I found myself crying I was laughing so hard....

yeap, definitely need sleep tonight..............

Comment

Big Tug

I'll throw in a large Salvage cum Ocean Tug here, the Salviscount, belonging to SEMCO Salvage Pte. Ltd. Singapore.
                              Basic data: Built 2004, Loa 75 m. Machinery: 13,500 Bhp / 164.8 t. Bollard Pull with 300 t. Towing Winch.

These pics are from 2006 when she was preparing to tow an FPSO
                              for the Greater Plutonion Field from Korea to Angola.

Salviscount at Jurong West Anchorage, before departing for Daewoo Shipyard, Korea:

View of the Superstructure and Winch House from aft:

The Tow Wire be re-socketed due to wear and tear. Surge chain ready on deck:

Forward Controls in the Wheel House:

Aft Controls:

View of the deck from Aft Controls:

Engine Room. 4 x Wartsila 2,460 kW Main Engines:

Shaft Generators, 2 x 1,200 kW (To drive Bow and Stern Thrusters):

Here is a pic of the FPSO being moved out from the yard in Korea:

Storage capacity; 1.77 MMbls. Production capacity; 240,000 BOPD. Water Depth; approx.1,000 m. 12-point spread mooring system. First Oil: 2007

The towage was successfully completed, rounding Cape of Good Hope during the southern winter.
                              Last edited by ombugge; August 9th, 2009, 10:15. Reason: correcting figure

Comment

Working...
                              X