X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are right ombugge.

I read on the web site to Norges Sildesalgslag that "Eros", "Kings Bay" and "Vendla" had been involved in Institute of Marine expedition on Norwegian spring spawning herring.
    Research expeditions was from 13 to 25. February.
    All three vessels left Troms° this afternoon and headed south.

Thanks for the right information, ombugge
    Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

• Auto longliner "Seir" north Troms° strait this afternoon in light snow showers.

Last edited by Grind°ya; 3 weeks ago.
      Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

• Russian trawler "Izumrud" ex.Kvalstein (NO) south Troms° strait in light snow showers in the afternoon, the trawler has been lying at berth in Troms° after the name change autumn of 2016.

Best wishes from
        Bengt Domben

Comment

• I found this article re; a trawler built at Hatloy back in 1969 on smp.no today: http://www.smp.no/pluss/2017/03/01/%...ick_articles=2
          Apparently there have been a program on NRK about this vessel a few days ago.

Here is the story of the F/V"Thunder" in The Guardian from 2015: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...pherd-rescuers

Those with long memories may remember that I posted pictures of this vessel in this thread at the time (Post #836) If not, here is the pictures:

Comment

• "Sisimiut" (GL) inbound to Breivika harbor earlier today.

Best wishes from
            Bengt Domben

Comment

• Russian trawler "Karelia II" in to Breivika harbor this afternoon.

Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

• "Fruholmen" north Troms° strait this afternoon.

Best wishes from
                Bengt Domben

Comment

• Norwegian trawler "Rypefjord" at anchor outside Breivika harbor tonight.

Best wishes from
                  Bengt Domben

Comment

• Crab trawler "Dolina" moored at Breivika harbor today.

Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not many Tanzanian flag vessel visiting Tromso I believe: http://www.marinetraffic.com/hr/ais/.../vessel:DOLINA
                      Maybe this is the first??

BTW: This is a typical Gulf of Mexico "Mud Boat" of the 1980's era. (although built in 1990)
                      Last edited by ombugge; 1 week ago.

• Grind°ya
                      Grind°ya commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It must be highly seldom that a trawler with flag State Tanzania calls Troms°.
                      I've never seen it before

BTW:
                      "Dolina" left Bňtsfjord March 9 with destination Montevideo, Uruguay
                      But north of the island Ing°y in west Finnmark changed the ship course inward to Rolvs°y strait,
                      there they were met by the Norwegian tug "NSO Crusader" which assisted "Dolina" south to Troms° where they arrived saturday morning

It is unclear what the reason was that "Dolina" were assisted,
                      she arrived in to Troms° for own machine.

• "Argo" passed Troms° today heading north to Finnmark for fishing.

This fishing boat were delivered from Skogs°y Boat AS in Mandal summer/autumn 2016.

Last edited by Grind°ya; 1 week ago.
                    Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      She ain't no beauty, but probably VERY efficient and within whichever limit on length applicable by a whisker.

• Seagull
                      Seagull commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good to have you confirm the impression of efficiency I had when seeing this, ombugge.
                      Though I'm also hoping to be forgiven for a less technical urge to anthropomorphise, and comment on the plucky personality of this little boatt! - anyway it also made me smile!

Bengt, once again the background complements the boat delightfully. I've been enjoying your documentation of the Troms° maritime activity and all your images so VERY much.

• Grind°ya
                      Grind°ya commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you very much for your comment,Cecilia

• Tugboat "Lupus" towing trawler "Steffano" (Estonia) into Breivika harbor yesterday afternoon.

Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

• Russian trawler "Zvezda Murmana" north Troms° strait this morning.

Best wishes from
                      Bengt Domben

Comment

• Russian "Kapitan Durachenko" on its way to the Barents Sea this afternoon.

Best wishes from
                        Bengt Domben

Comment

• French trawler "Grande Hermine" inbound to Troms° this afternoon.

Best wishes from
                          Bengt Domben

Comment

• Live fish carrier "Ronja Harvester" south Troms° strait this afternoon.

Best wishes from
                            Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                            X