Clear All

BRU-12 WOLFERT-FRANKE

Comment

This Trawler/Seiner paid a visit to Aalesund on 01. July, 2017:

The Pakarang view:

The deck is pretty well covered in equipment:

She is set up only for pelagic trawling at this time:

Comment

BRU-12 WOLFERT-FRANKE close to Amsterdam.

Comment

Nice additions to the current thread on fishing vessels.... they certainly come in all sizes, shapes and ages.

The Russian flagged Sapphire II certainly looks fresh in her paints.... the days of old rusty ships appears to be over not only for Russian ships, but all other nationalities as well. Fishing must be good I guess.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

With this thread now 66 pages, I'm surprised at the amount of various types of fishing vessels harvesting the resources of our oceans.

Naturally, some are also being scrapped along the years, but there are still so many VERY LARGE boats out there.... makes me think about the oceans and how important they are to feed the world with seafood and fish.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

That's an interesting vessel Bengt, and beautifully photographed. I was going to say that the water looks so wonderfully liquid - seems a rather silly-seagullish remark – but it DOES doesn't it

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much for your comment, Cecilia

Had crab a few evenings ago - ahhhh.... most likely not from Polar Pioneer but....

Comment

Fishing boats of all shapes and sizes are always around in Aalesund. Here is some I have photographed the last few weeks.

A small fishing vessel with a very traditional name seen at Sjogata:

Leaving with the Fishery patrol vessel:

I don't know if that was coincidental, or if Remoybuen was somehow engaged in some official business.

Some coastal seiners seen at Sjogata. These are all from Nordland county:

It is holiday season. or many boats have filled their quota for this season, waiting for the next season to open up:

Gunnar Langva is a traditional name. An earlier boat with that name was usually top boat during the herring season, under direction of legendary "Harald Bas"
                Here from 15. July, 2017:

Still there yesterday, 19. Aug. 2017:

Not alone:

Comment

BU 168

Comment

HD-27 ZUIDERHAAKS

Comment

ISIS

Comment

A trawler from the high north, Atlantic Star seen in Aalesund recently:

Comment

AMY in front of Den Helder.

Comment

Longliner Kato heading along Borgunfjorden:

This "chubby" little fishing boat appeared to be on seatrails:

Comment

A couple of small Coastal Seiners arriving in Aalesund tonight:

There were at least three more of the type, but no pictures of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X