This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World's FISHING BOATS

I hope those guys have a mother ship nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
      I hope those guys have a mother ship nearby.
      Yes they have some sort of "mother ship":

Not much bigger.

There are a large number of them hanging on to anything they can find in the field, incl. the rigs and the FPSO.

Comment

Did a short walk along the quays in Kristiansund today, and spotted a small fishing boat (34,94 feet long) classified in ship lists as a trawler.
        I spotted no trawler equipment, but a couple of what we call 'juksa-maskiner' mounted on the trawler A-frame.
        Anyway, this is "Havbryn" of Sørarnøy, built in 1977, fish registration N-25-G
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

''annelies ilena''

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thank you so very much for that photo of "Annelies Ilena"!
            (Built at Sterkoder yard in Kristiansund...., can't say it too often).

Across the sound from Sterkoder was the big russian trawler "Kapitan Kravchenko" moored today. These guys use their own planes to change crew. Yesterday a huge 4-engined old Antonov An-12 visited our airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Thank you so very much for that photo of "Annelies Ilena"!
              (Built at Sterkoder yard in Kristiansund...., can't say it too often).
              no worries Svein,so say i every time i got i don't like the name svitzer on the smit tugs

if i know she was special for i would taken some more and close ups,the only 2 close ups i got now is of her bow and her stern but from the same place.
              zoomed somuch in that i have take 2 pics of her,nothing more
              best regards Thijs

Comment

"Hopen" inbound to Tromsø yesterday in snow showers.

Comment

Not a fishing boat, but the States of Jersey Fisheries Protection Boat

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

M/K Faxsen of Bodø. Now a veteran, she will turn 100 years in 2016!

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Excellent pictures of the old "Faxsen" ,Speedbird

Comment

"J.Bergvoll" heading out to the fishing field this evening.

Comment

Remember "Kapitan Kravchenko" from post #532 ? Yesterday a twin trawler came in from the oceans and joined up.
                          Here's "Kapitan Gorbatchev", a rather frequent visitor to this city.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            Remember "Kapitan Kravchenko" from post #532 ? Yesterday a twin trawler came in from the oceans and joined up.
                            Impressive sight, seeing them together like that, as well as being another indication of the scale of the company’s operations. I’d already been struck by what you said in the earlier post about their planes used for crew changing.
                            Lots of detail to enjoy in #539/2 …Zoom from the same location?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                              M/K Faxsen of Bodø. Now a veteran, she will turn 100 years in 2016!
                              Oh Speedbird, thanks for those M/K Faxsen photos.What a beauty! Difficult to imagine her age!…here’s to the next four years and the big “birthday”!
                              (LOVED that view against the rockface )

Comment

Lots of detail to enjoy in #539/2 …Zoom from the same location?
                                That's correct. I found another roof of a parking house...
                                The old Antonov An-12 left at 2:30 AM last night. Its take-off could be heard in a radius of kilometers.
                                Looking at the AIS and spotting one of the two trawlers, it's bound to happen something at Kr-sund airport.

(The Antonov can be seen in the plane spotters forum in the Kvernberget airport thread)
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; May 9th, 2012, 11:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X