Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back in line along beach at end of race, it was a rather hazy day because of the heat, but the sea was calm, the tide wasn't out too far as it goes out as far as the castle here.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Kiki--the sails on the catamarans remind me of spring flowers!!!! Surely that water must still be a bit chilly???? But what FUN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
        Kiki--the sails on the catamarans remind me of spring flowers!!!! Surely that water must still be a bit chilly???? But what FUN!!!!
        It was a lovely day, very warm for April, we had people swimming in the sea, i was sunbathing on the beach, and enjoying the view

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
          A Martello Tower and Gunsite Cafe, built into what was the old Gunsite
          Nice pictures but on a point of detail, Jersey's only Martello Tower is the Kempt Tower. All the others are Jersey Round Towers.

Clipper
          Last edited by Clipper; April 14th, 2011, 00:51. Reason: Factual inaccuracy
          ---------------------------
          Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
          Deck plan geek.

Comment

From towers and Cats back to REAL Sailing Ships:

The Statsraad Lehmkuhl arriving at somewhere Sterkoder would like to have Cruise Ships visiting in the future.

Comment

And my favourite, Soerlandet under reduced sails:

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                And my favourite, Soerlandet under reduced sails
                Great photo. Posted link and thumbnail on Sørlandet's Facebook page. Hope you don't mind- if a problem please let me know and I'll remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post
                  Nice pictures but on a point of detail, Jersey's only Martello Tower is the Kempt Tower. All the others are Jersey Round Towers.

Clipper
                  I did notice my mistake later on. When i lived at the chateau at La Rocque Harbour we did have a Neolithic Martello Tower in the grounds, different to the one in my photo. I have heard of another name of tower apart from round tower, will look into that

Comment

Neolithic Martello Tower
                    Sounds intriguing

I have heard of another name of tower apart from round tower
                    That will be "First Tower"

I will be in Jersey again this year - mid July.

Clipper
                    ---------------------------
                    Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                    Deck plan geek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clipper View Post
                      Sounds intriguing

That will be "First Tower"

I will be in Jersey again this year - mid July.

Clipper
                      keep in touch with your visit to Jersey and i can come and say Hello. The area is called first tower, i have lived here for 24 years and still learning about the history. There is also the lovely Seymour tower at Grouville, i did a moonlight walk with a group to the tower, didn't get back till 2.30 in the morning. I have just looked at Google and the heading Jersey coastal towers. The Kemp tower is a different style. It shows quite a few towers in different parts of the Island.
                      Last edited by kiki42; April 16th, 2011, 15:50. Reason: adding information

Comment

• Mir during visit in Den helder

Picture © Jack Mulder

Jack Mulder

Comment

• This is the Tre Kronor af Stockholm:

She was built during 1997 - 2005.

I think she has very a clean and harmonic design.

Bon voyage!

Comment

• Mare Marieke 02303243

Picture © Jack Mulder

Jack Mulder

Comment

• Shamrock

This is Shamrock. She was built in 1915 in Vlaadingen, Holland.
                              She has been owned by Skeppsholmsgårdens hemgård in Stockholm since 1971.

The "All people going aboard a sailing ship will take this photo"-photo.

The feeling of sailing.

It's just beautiful!

/Tommi

Comment

• Shamrock below deck.

Shamrock below deck:

She's quite spacious.

Something good to come.

The dish is drying.

The store.

The deck ventilators.

/Tommi