X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's SAILING VESSELS

Thought there would be somebody on CV interested in Sailing Ships, existing or otherwise.
    Here is some pics taken of Gotheborg, replica of an East Indiaman, when she visitited Singapore in 2007:

"Thor Heyerdahl" passing by in Trondheim during Cutty Sark Tall Ships Race 1997

"Sørlandet"

"Fritjof Nansen"

"Europa"

"Mir"

"Grossherzogin Elisabeth"

"Golden Vanity"

"Den Store Bjørn"

"Cedov"

"Alexander von Humboldt"

All pictures (with an old camera) : ©S. Ludvigsen
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Were you in Trondheim that day as well Svein?

I was too and also have some pictures sitting around in different albums. I should probably have them scanned and posted once I get home.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yepp, me and a long time friend were in Trondheim for Cutty Sark saturday and sunday of that weekend.
        We had our rooms at Rainbow Hotel, and we enjoyed the life and sights in Trondheim those days...

Comment

Thanks, ombugge and sterkoder, for these pics....I just LOVE a sailboat.....ok, ship....they're so.............well, you know!!

Comment

Soerlandet

My first ship. Febr. - May, 1959. She was the last of the large Windjammers to get an engine installed (1960).

Here in Aalesund during Cutty Sark, 2001.

Christian Radich

Statsraad Lemkhul

Comment

"Christian Radich" in Kristiansund harbour one very early morning three years back...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                "Christian Radich" in Kristiansund harbour one very early morning three years back...
                I wasn’t expecting to be looking out the following photos today, but inspired by Sterkoder’s of Christian Radich . . . goodness, what a stimulating place it is here on CV !!

Here is Christian Radich in Oslo in 2007.

The next day, May 19, was Fram’s christening. During the ceremony the wind changed and it became quite choppy on the fjord. However conditions improved sufficiently for Christan Radich to make her planned fjord cruise for the Friends of Christian Radich that evening. I had joined the Friends and was made very welcome for this event.

Shrimps with mayonnaise and bread – I’m in heaven!

Comment

The unsettled weather somehow gives this image a special atmosphere.

Christian Radich moored at Akershusstrand, just along from Fram, after a perfect evening - a fitting prelude to my subsequent adventures on the next leg of Fram’s maiden voyage.

Comment

Actually 2007 wasn’t the first time I had stepped aboard Christian Radich. She had come to Edinburgh in 2003 to participate in the Festival of the Sea which that year took place in Leith, and specially featured Norway!

So here’s a treat for you all – Christian Radich and Sørlandet together!

My favourite detail of Christian Radich . . .

. . . and I like the turquoise lettering on Sørlandet.

Visitors aboard Sørlandet find themselves in an idea position for viewing activities in the harbour, such as demonstrations of life saving and rescue.

Comment

Christan Radich's cruise around the fijord. Were they able to get any sails up or was the whole cruise motoring? I'm curious how many people it takes to handle the sails, especially on a stormy day.

Comment

Oh, those pictures make we weak-knee'd!!! Where is that "me in love" emoticon when we need it????

THANKS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                          Christan Radich's cruise around the fijord. Were they able to get any sails up or was the whole cruise motoring? I'm curious how many people it takes to handle the sails, especially on a stormy day.
                          It was just motoring that evening for the shrimp party in the fjord. I think they sail on their major voyages with a total crew of between 15 and 20.

Comment

Reaper

I wasn't sure where to put these photos. Fishing boats, historic ships or sailing ships so here they are and can be happily moved.

In the Caledonian Canal

Leaving the canal at Corpach

Comment

Reaper- sails being raised

and turning to sail down Loch Linnhe

Comment

Working...
                              X