No announcement yet.

Heavy Lift Carriers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few days later the sheerleg ''taklift 4'' was lifting her colums,fpr which i thought place them back on deck.
    (not the best day for images,a lot of dence)

best regards Thijs

Comment

• but the sheerleg is gone now (not on those images ) and the colums are still outside on the platforms

best regards Thijs

Comment

• and al for this reason, and maybe a next load.

40 years old,
        the ''balder'' is converted to a pipe laying vessel ,the ''thialf ''still gooing strong,but with a new heavy crane vessel under construction, ''sleipner'' , the ''hermod'' had to go.
        she will be loaded today 10 september 2017 on the ''dockwise vanquard'' if wheater permits
        best regards Thijs

Comment

• ''trustee'' moored in rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

• best regards Thijs

Comment

• when and for what will this little wheelhouse used Ombugge?
              and can you navigate the vessel complete from here?

best regards Thijs

Comment

• This picture may explain it:

The Fwrd. bridge is a full fledged navigation bridge on some of these vessels, others only a lookout point. Can't remember if Trustee come under the first or second category though.
                Here is specs for the Trustee: https://boskalis.com/download.../025...f792e7e802c.ht...

BTW; The Fwrd bridge is accessible through a tunnel along the centre line of the double bottom, which is necessary both because of weather and because the cargo frequently block access on the main deck.
                This is popularly known as the "Burma Road" and not a very pleasant walk. the climb up to the bridge is quite strenuous. (I'm sure I must have posted picture somewhere earlier)

Comment

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i can imagine that it is not a pleassure walk,nowhere to go if suddenly somethings happen

• we went today to Rotterdam port, but

+ 1

yes,do the calculation by yourself, but that is 2
                that should be 1now.
                with other words,not loaded today.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• thatswhy

today Wednesday it was even worse, but then again,if she will be loaded this week we can go Sunday again.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

• In this case Ombugge, not able to load the Hermod on the vanquard of the strong winds, is for risk of Dockwise or on the bill for Heerema?
                    She could be missing her next job of this delay
                    Btw, still strong winds here , stil moored at the Heerema premesis
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Most likely this is a lump sum contract, so I would think each carry the cost of weather delay, unless the contract specify number of days for loading from "notice of readiness" is issued and accepted.
                      The Hermod will definitely not miss any "next job", since she is going to be scrapped. (Sorry to see her go. I have been doing a few jobs on her)
                      Don't know about the Vanguard though, whether she already have an assignment lined up, or will be sitting idle somewhere after this one.

• janihudi
                      janihudi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thank you Ombugge
                      i was referring to the vanquard about missing her next assigment in this case,
                      but i was also a question in general how it will be regulated between 2 parties when there is a delay .(of any kind)
                      looking for her heavyest lift, 7287ton,thialf can lift that with 1 crane,
                      couldend it be that she is sold because of the new build sleipner?
                      balder is just as old ,but less lift capticity,though she is converted as pipelayer

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm afraid technology has caught up with the Hermod and the Balder, especially on the crane aspect. Hermod going for crapping and Balder is no longer used for "super heavy lifts" (>5.000 m.t.) is just an indication of that development. With the Sleipnir soon to enter the market for heavy lifting by crane and the Pioneer Spirit already available for "float on/off" lift up to 40.000 m.t. + two new vessels able to carry and place, or remove, items up to 21.000 m.t. under construction in China, the top end of the market is crowded. Both the Thialf and S-7000 are getting old as well and may be next in line for the scrap yards.

PS> the max. lifting capacity of the cranes on Thialf is quoted for when in tie-back and at a range that makes it near impossible to find anything small enough in size to actually lift, even for test.

• best regards Thijs

Comment

• a lot of stairs

best regards Thijs

Comment

• for

and aft bridge

best regards Thijs

Comment

• ''hermod'' was loaded today on the ''dockwise vanquard''

best regards Thijs

Comment

• best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X