This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World's OFFSHORE VESSELS

Very Norwegian! A ship like this would become a design icon.

Why don't we move this topic here?

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...0381#post70381

I will make the start and just post the photo puzzle there.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Seven Navica spooling pipe at Vigra spooling base:

She have left now.

Comment

Hi,
        The Eagle is a sister ship to the Discovery, and both were built at a 'low point' in offshore diving, where an interesting compromise was reached- cable and wireless and Seaway built the vessels as dual role cable layers and Saturation DSV's, and they split the work 6 months diving, six months cable laying, hence the bow design, large carousel below decks, and the accomodation being 'split'.
        Nowadays, they are both Subsea 7 vessels, and while both are still DSV's, the Eagle has no core crew of divers, and does more 'lay' work. The 'disco' does more Sat Diving work.

Comment

Hi and welcome Stuart.
          Thanks so much for that information and insight into the design compromises and current roles of these vessels. Greatly appreciate your input and expertise, and hope to see you around onboard our friendly forum lots more in the future.

Comment

HIGHLAND SPIRIT in Kristiansund Friday 14. June

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Seven Sevica spooling pipe at Vigra:

Comment

"Blue Guardian"

Comment

Hi Folks,

here are a few of the current vsl I am on, the Greatship Manisha.
                  I believe she was posted some time back by Ombugge.

She has been outfitted with a drilling rig for carrying out exploratory drilling for precious mineral ores in South Pacific.

In transit -

At anchor in Suva, Fiji -

In port at Tonga Islands -

Cheers.

Comment

"Bourbon Monsoon"

Comment

KOMMANDOR STUART in Kristiansund today

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Looks like Capt Pliimsollmark has got his wish to have some adventures, other than working in Oil & Gas fields around the world, which quickly gets old.
                        Nice places to visit around in the South Pacific and probably more excitement to explore for precious metals then to watch divers or ROVs inspecting pipelines, moorings and platform legs etc. When you have seen one barnacle you have seen the all.

Welcome back here by the way. Please let's hear and see more of your adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                          Welcome back here by the way. Please let's hear and see more of your adventures.
                          Absolutely - sounds like a bit of the world that even Ombugge doesn't visit!
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                            Absolutely - sounds like a bit of the world that even Ombugge doesn't visit!
                            Last there 2 years ago. At a Gold Mine on Lihir Island, PNG.
                            But you are right, other than that it is some years since I was roaming around in the South Pacific.
                            I would very much like to see the changes since my time there, in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              Looks like Capt Pliimsollmark has got his wish to have some adventures, other than working in Oil & Gas fields around the world, which quickly gets old.
                              Nice places to visit around in the South Pacific and probably more excitement to explore for precious metals then to watch divers or ROVs inspecting pipelines, moorings and platform legs etc. When you have seen one barnacle you have seen the all.

Thanks Ombugge ! You are so right, after 2 years of rotating on the same vsl in Brazil I was ready to shoot myself. This has been a welcome change. In fact we have already finished the project off Tonga Islands and after demobbing now enroute to the Panama canal. Next project is in the Baltic. Am considering myself lucky, long sea passages after a long long time.
                              Headed to Falmouth first for the mobilization.

I do have some more photos, but they are random and may not have any 'offshore vessels' in them.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Plimsollmark View Post
                                I do have some more photos, but they are random and may not have any 'offshore vessels' in them.
                                Cheers.
                                ALL kinds of pictures on any subjects are welcome on CVF. If you have time to roam around the various threads on your long voyage, I'm sure you'll find things that interest you and places to put your random pictures.

Have a good trip across the Pacific and Atlantic.

PS> I have never actually crossed the Pacific by sea, or been through the Panama Canal.
                                The furthest I have been is to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, in 1970. We delivered machinery and equipment to build the airport there.
                                No Hilton Hotels or McDonald's there at that time. Heaven!!!
                                No suitable port either. We used our Surf Boats to deliver the cargo directly to the beach.
                                Last edited by ombugge; July 27th, 2013, 05:10. Reason: Add PS

Comment

Working...
                                X